Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rod holder ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod holder ideas?

Was wondering if anybody heard of a mount that would run from your seat pole out next to the edge of the boat that you could bolt your t bar in to.. was thinking of making one out of some flat stock but was wondering if there was something similar on the market.. not wanting to put holes in boat or mount clamps on the edges

Post Thanks / Like

Havent seen em put post pictures if you can get it to work!

Post Thanks / Like

I would think any good welding shop could fab what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland makes a rigging that slides over seat post and tightens to post no screws.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

We use something similar in our boat. A tube slips over the seat post, then a piece of flat stock runs out to the t bar. The whole thing can swivel, which comes in handy sometimes when side pulling, if the guy operating the trolling motor gets a few fish on. The other guy can swivel his lines out of the way a bit if the boat gets to turning one way or the other. I want to build one with a few improvements, but overall he was pretty close with this one. I will try to post some pics, and point out how I would improve on it, if the thunder storms and rain pass tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Goodoleboyz. Give Brandon at EZT POLE PERCH a shot. If he does not have it he will try and make it. Big H Trucking and I have his E.Z.T POLE PERCH for pushing ? I love mine. He makes high quality products at very reasonable prices.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Most people don't want to use the seat pedestal or hole because you loose the use of the seat. We specialize in such things as this. We have stainless rod and a full line of Driftmaster and Santee Rod Holders. We also make rod holder bases that attach to your boat without drilling any holes. My personal boat boat has a stainless rod across the entire back of the boat with 6 rod holders on it with no holes drilled in the boat or loss of a seat. We outfit several boats every year for striped bass, catfish, and crappie. Give us a call at 336-249-6782 and we will attempt to help you. Check us out at Extreme Fishing Concepts

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we make those for single seat post and also incorporate it into our double seat mounts too. Great for bass boat owners that don't wanna drill. Cumberland Crappie Rod Holder Store

Name:  no_drill-264x179.jpg
Views: 13848
Size:  8.8 KBName:  IMG_1365.jpg
Views: 45483
Size:  43.0 KBName:  IMG_5576.jpg
Views: 12628
Size:  40.6 KB
    Cumberland Crappie LLC
    Rod Holders, Double Seat Mounts and other Accessories
    http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com
    Phone (606) 425-7151
    Poplar Lures Pro Staff
    http://www.poplarlures.com

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if I can explain this. I made 2 of the bars you're talking about. I made them out of 4in. by 1/2 in. alum. bar. I drilled a hole on one end big enough for the small rod thats on the pedestal to go thru (the bar that has the threads on it). I then counterbored that hole half way thru the plate so that the larger diameter of the pedestal will fit in it when you screw the pedestal in. Just be sure you have enough leg room if make something. You can then drill the holes on the other end of the bar to fit your base plate on your rod holder. I can swing my rod hold to either side of the boat or I can leave it home. No holes drilled in my boat. I would take pictures and post them if I knew how.
    You will become like those with which you associate.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  my pictures.jpg
Views: 47673
Size:  42.2 KBThis is what I did. I made the bar on the bottom, t bar all of it except the hi tek rod holders. No holes drilled in my boat.
    You will become like those with which you associate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast