PDA

View Full Version : How to post here, please read before doing so.

Slab
06-11-2012, 08:12 PM
First off, I'd like to thank Huntinslabs for the idea to create this forum. We often see lots of questions on our forums about where to stay when we go fishing. So we thought we would create a place for reviews and information about lodging and even information about lakes.

Please remember, this is not a place to bitch about a poor experience lodging somewhere. Those reviews will be deleted. You can very politely provide constructive criticism about a place, but that's it. Attacks at business will not be tolerated, just like personal attacks are not permitted on crappie.com.

And the big thing is, in order to keep this organized, please put the lodging name, campground name, of lake name in the title of the thread. If someone starts a thread about a place, anyone can add to it, and anyone can ask questions in it. If you have questions about a place, you can start a thread about it as well.

This is a trial here on the Florida board, and if it's successful, I'll be adding something similar to the other state forums as well.

Slab
06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Here's a little something I copied from a previous thread I started on the idea of "Lake Reviews".

It can serve as a basis for ideas.

lake name and location
lake history, creation, changes, dams
descriptions of different areas of the lake
average depth, deepest depth
general water color/quality
ramps, location, accessibility, accommodations
where to stay, nearby bait shop info
recommended placed to eat
recommended guides (preferrably crappie.com members)
when to catch, how to catch (styles used on the lake)
best bait/lures/colors spring/summer/fall/winter
fishing patterns spring/summer/fall/winter
best fishing in the different areas of the lake
Plus, please remember that pictures are worth a thousand words. Pictures of launch ramps are great.

All the information here is not "required" to make a post. And no-one needs to give away their secrets. General information is fine.

I'm also thinking that if someone does create a report/review that I end up also publishing on the crappie.com home page, I'll send them a Crappie.com Shirt and Hat to say thank you.

huntinslabs
06-11-2012, 08:47 PM
I think this could be a good page if it goes right and other states are added. Good resource from reliable people sharing info. Have several campgrounds I will post up tomorrow.

Slab
06-14-2012, 07:51 AM
If you're entering information about a lodging, it would also be a good idea to mention whether they offer any special pricing for crappie.com members.