Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie fishing during the summer from the bank?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Crappie fishing during the summer from the bank?

Im doing some bank fishing while my boat is being fixed, theres a bridge 'very big' with a river bed running threw it. This is on the ross barnett. It has the peral running underneath it and gets real deep real close. Me and my dad have caught them on the closest pillings to the bank, is it possible to cast by them and catch these crappie. Anybody done this method before?

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Spawn ... If you can cast beyond the piling, and the current isn't too much ... I'd say go for it !! I'd start out with as small a bait as I could get to go the distance, and work over the ends & side closest to you .... use the countdown method & cover all your depths until you find how deep they're holding. Shaded areas & down current piling being the primary targets. Use of a weighted float, or slipfloat with extra sinker on the line, can be used if necessary.

I used to cast & Vertical Cast bridge pilings on Watts Bar (April/May/Nov) and caught lots of nice Crappie. And it wasn't a big bridge, at all. In fact, it was a 3 piling bridge over a creek.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thanks pappy, im glad you responded to this cause i saw youre vertical casting artical and it was loaded with information!