Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Boat this time?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Boat this time?

I think I am about ready to get a new boat. I need a dual console with seats that sit up higher than a bass boat. I have bad knees and back and am overweight. I have been trying to decide between a fiberglass boat and an aluminum. I'm going to put a Humminbird 998 at the console and either a 898 or 788 HD DI on the trolling motor. I am going to get a Minn Kota Fortrex 80 foot control. I want to get the most boat I can in the 18-20 foot range under 32k out the door. I don't want an underpowered boat either. It's just me and my wife most of the time fishing brushpiles, timber, or bridges. I don't want a windshield either. I want bubble screens. I love the look of a bass boat but dragging my carcass up out of the seat all day is wearing on me. My last boat was a 2008 Champion Elite 183 with a HPDI Yamaha 150.

Any suggestions?
    Bobby Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

My brother-in-law is 6' 2" 300+ lb truck driver. He's all about comfort in his leisure time craft. He just bought a Lund Pro-Vee and loves it. They're off to Canada Fathers Day weekend for a week of Walleye and Lakers.Spent last weekend (3 days) on Presque Isle Erie. If it wasn't comfortable for his girth and state of dis-repair he wouldn't have it long. So,I guess the Pro-Vee would be an option for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this isn't even close to what you mentioned, but if I ever bought another boat, it'd be a small pontoon. I'd love to have the floorspace and the ease of moving around, not to mention taking a nap if I was night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you can find with high seats and bubble shields. But Alumacraft, G3, Lund, Crestliner, Warrior, Ranger, Skeeter, Stratos and many others have walleye boats that will fit your requests except the bubble shields.

Post Thanks / Like

How about a center console?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Not sure what you can find with high seats and bubble shields. But Alumacraft, G3, Lund, Crestliner, Warrior, Ranger, Skeeter, Stratos and many others have walleye boats that will fit your requests except the bubble shields.
    I would for sure look at the walleye boats. Lund, crestliner,or used ranger one would be my choices. Only say used or the ranger because 32k will not get a new one maybe 52k

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducker View Post
    How about a center console?
    That's what I was thinking. Most of them you can stand up or sit down to drive. If you do sit you are not sitting down real low like most other boats. I think War Eagle makes one with a lowered front deck if you like that option. If you don't want the lowered deck then there are plenty of other builders out there making them with the higher decks.

Post Thanks / Like

The Ranger 1860 is a great boat. I have a 1760 and love it. You may find a used one on Walleye Central.

Post Thanks / Like

Pontoon boat, best boat iv'e ever owned.
    Mr. Bus Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger for sure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast