Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost couldn't fish!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Almost couldn't fish!?

I got the day off yesterday we decided to fish at Lake Ozark. My wife daughter and myself. I'll be the first to admit I do things sometimes that are not so smart,but that lake is plumb full of boating idiots. If your head is not on a swivel you will die! I guess these folks think if their boat is bigger they can turn right in front of you or come at you when there is no place to go but the bank. We even had some guy that must have thought the no wake zone marked the channel because he was right on top of them thirty feet from us over and over again. I didn't think it was possible to get road rage on the water but I saw some and felt a little myself. I fish rivers a lot and wave at every boater that comes by they do the same. I noticed nobody at the lake waves back now I know why. Maybe I'll invest in a cheap little slingshot to help some of these dummies keep their distance. I know nobody likes a complainer but had to vent a bit. If you get out there please be safe stay alert and don't drink.

Post Thanks / Like

The water is crazy in the summer time. We try to avoid the busy times if possible. You can't fish when all that is going on. It is not enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like

LOZ is off limits....

For me anyway. Can't stand the over the top $$$ boats that are so out of place on that lake along with the lack of safety and consideration.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

to fish loz you have to get up early and get on and you have to get off early
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Is it any better at night or do you have to dodge the drunks? We just got back from Dale Hollow Lake in TN almost all fishing is at night down there. It really has me thinking about night stalking here. Like I need another hobby/activity to sink money into. I could easily convence the wife if it would be safe and worth the trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Five Rings View Post
    Is it any better at night or do you have to dodge the drunks? We just got back from Dale Hollow Lake in TN almost all fishing is at night down there. It really has me thinking about night stalking here. Like I need another hobby/activity to sink money into. I could easily convence the wife if it would be safe and worth the trouble.
    Less boats overall at night, but the ones that are out are the ones you should worry most about. I have been in enough "situations" on that lake to pretty much avoid it after 10:00 A.M. Get up early while the numbn_ts work their hangovers off, get your fish and dock it.....exceptions apply depending on the area of the lake and how far you have to run back to camp. If you're up by the Oar House, Turkey Creek, Deer Creek......I'd say you're good, main lake, bad.

Post Thanks / Like

What everybody says X2!!! We're at the 61mm (Rainey Creek area) and still want to be off the water by 10! We don't get the BIG boats, but still enough traffic to run you back to the dock. Night fishing is not good in my experience, at least up this far. Come on September! Be safe and tight lines!Thumbs Up
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.......

Post Thanks / Like

I live a whole 15 minutes from my favorite put in at LOZ on the big niangua and I go an hour away to catch fish. Kinda sad really. If your down by Tonka trying to catch some hybrids or stripers it isn't too bad but the crappie fishing down there isn't really that great at all from what I've seen. Its just too shallow. In the fall its great. But If you have a quarter million dollar yacht shouldn't you have enough money to bank that thing down in the Gulf!? Its not the seadoo's or the bass boats that ripple you through the bank its the twenty, or thirty, forty foot yachts that seem to need to be in the middle of missouri for their yachting pleasure....... I have to vent too. Don't feel bad. LOZ is great for crappie fishing if you want to try it at night just don't do it on the Glaze arm. Its the same arm as party cove and too many accidents happen near there.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

we rented a pontoon once and the waves were crashing over the deck constantly. The boaters were rude. I think the requirement to get a yacht is to not have common sense on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

The bigger the boat the bigger the idiot!!!!!!
    FISH ON......... inspired by river monsters around the globe.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast