Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Darbonne Lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Darbonne Lake?

Hello, just happened across this forum and thought, how lucky can I get?!?! My husband and I live only 15 minutes from Darbonne Lake and have gone fishing there as much as possible in the last month. We just bought a boat last year and have just now had a chance to use it. We are about an hour from Caney, but with the slot limit, it is not much fun....I like to keep and eat fish as much as I like to catch them! Anyway, my husband bass fishes, which usually leaves me trailing along for whatever will bite my hook. Question is, are the bream and or white perch biting at Darbonne and if so, what are they biting and at what depth and/or area. We typically go to Stowe Creek or Corney Creek, he bass fishes the banks while I fish for bream (catching an occassional catfish along the way!) The bream have all been small, no keepers, but still keeps me busy. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Missouri, my dads up there right now staying at the cabins (I grew up in Baton Rouge) I think the had 21 this morning.Not sure where but he said it was a later bite. Sorry for lack of details but if your ever on Truman lake I'm your man lol
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MO QWACK View Post
    Welcome from Missouri, my dads up there right now staying at the cabins (I grew up in Baton Rouge) I think the had 21 this morning.Not sure where but he said it was a later bite. Sorry for lack of details but if your ever on Truman lake I'm your man lol

Hello Missouri! Beautiful country there! Since we live so close, have never stayed in cabins there, but do stay at Caney cabins which are nice. While fishing in January at Darbonne, I was amazed at how many folks come from miles just to fish for white perch there! That is when I decided I needed to find out how to fish for them! My dad, who has now passed away, got my hooked onto fishing as a little girl. He loved to white perch fish and would catch huge perch at a place called Turkey Creek here. I went with him a few years before he passed away and remember having so much fun catching them and filling up an ice chest pretty fast! I grew up fishing Toledo Bend, he used to own a camp there and we would go at least once a month. Have not been there in years though. Have not been to Poverty Point yet either. My husband went red fishing in Leeville, La several months back and is supposed to be taking me back with him this Fall, he had a blast. Never heard of Truman Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed you like to duck hunt, I am smack in the middle if Duck Commander/Duck Dynasty country! :O)

Post Thanks / Like

I am not all that great at white perch fishing, but there are lots of folks on the Louisiana board that can assist you.

Post Thanks / Like

To the forum, from Texas. Take the time to read lots of interesting stories
    and all the info available to soak in. You found the right place to learn everything you
    need to know to put fish in the livewell. Enjoy and share your photos.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida from another transplant of Louisiana. Make sure you drop in on the La. board and ask in there. Probably get a ton more direct info.

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tractorfarmn View Post
    Hello Missouri! Beautiful country there! Since we live so close, have never stayed in cabins there, but do stay at Caney cabins which are nice. While fishing in January at Darbonne, I was amazed at how many folks come from miles just to fish for white perch there! That is when I decided I needed to find out how to fish for them! My dad, who has now passed away, got my hooked onto fishing as a little girl. He loved to white perch fish and would catch huge perch at a place called Turkey Creek here. I went with him a few years before he passed away and remember having so much fun catching them and filling up an ice chest pretty fast! I grew up fishing Toledo Bend, he used to own a camp there and we would go at least once a month. Have not been there in years though. Have not been to Poverty Point yet either. My husband went red fishing in Leeville, La several months back and is supposed to be taking me back with him this Fall, he had a blast. Never heard of Truman Lake.
    Turkey Creek is a beautiful place! Poverty point is a great winter spot.the cabins are really nice there as well. You will enjoy this site a lot. Ive met a lot of life long friends here.if your ever in mo mo land drop us a line and I'm sure we can find a place to cast one
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax