Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: searching for beginners.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default searching for beginners.

we are searching for beginners in plastic I'm wanting to give away a hand injection mold so if you guys will leave your name share we will pick one out of that and send you a mold absolutely free the mold that we will be sending is one of a kind there is no other mold in the US like it it is a custom-built mold by crazy angler a few years back Robert has done a fantastic job on making this little mold I should say not little I believe there is 12 cavities or more in it this is a small looking bug like plastic that will be perfect for show crackers I'm sure that you guys will love it it is a micro plastic for sure it should be a hot one in the right place.
    Name:  999999 003 (500x332).jpg
Views: 316
Size:  122.1 KBName:  999999 001 (500x332).jpg
Views: 303
Size:  134.7 KBName:  999999 002 (500x332).jpg
Views: 269
Size:  141.0 KB
    Last edited by snake River; 06-05-2012 at 04:14 PM.

www.bobsjigs.com
    Likes Bigslab11 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have never really considered pouring my own plastics so not sure I am best to put my name in the pot but it would give me a reason to get started.

Is there a second patr to the mold, I know nothing about hand injection molds. Have only hand poured a few of my own in the past,
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a mighty fine looking mold and a great gesture on your part Bob. I guess technically I am still a babe in the woods with soft plastics since I have only done it about six months. Please put my name in the drawing too. I am glad you are feeling better.

Fish 4 all....... be sure to read all the stickies at the top of this forum. That knowledge will keep you from getting serious burns to your body. Follow all safety rules. Looks like you will need to get an aluminum hand injector to use with any mold.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to do a TON of reading! Likely would burn my fingers multiple times anyway. Would be a fun thing to learn but I doubt I will ever try to make money out of it. Been there done that and didn't like it. Didn't make anything either but spinner markets are kinda tough to get into.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob what you are doing for a new plastic pouring person is a very nice thing ....... another fine example of the good people on this site......... what size is this bait sir ?

and to the winner of this mold may I be the first to place an order of 60 baits in 3 colors of your choice

thank you Bob and to the winner

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys for all the kind words these plastic baits are about 7/8" so you can see they are very small may be more stuff in the future we definitely Lots of stuff for the beginner maybe we could run one of these every few months.

www.bobsjigs.com

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Youre top notch in my book Bob!Thumbs Up By doing this it will certainly sway someone wanting to start molding to get into it and get started. Congrats to the lucky winner.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_4_all View Post
    I would have to do a TON of reading! Likely would burn my fingers multiple times anyway. Would be a fun thing to learn but I doubt I will ever try to make money out of it. Been there done that and didn't like it. Didn't make anything either but spinner markets are kinda tough to get into.
    You better start reading all you can..you are the winner of this mold, will ship it with your order.
    congratulations !

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

It will be a sharp learning curve but hopefully not a hot one. Aluminum injectors, plastic injectors, heating, different formulas of Plastisol, coloring, additives, molds. Definitely a big change from hand pouring into flat molds.

Any suggestions where to start looking for the equipment?

And thank you Bob, my wife might not thank you but it will give me something that I can do in the off season which is often here. Lots to learn and be ready for lots of questions!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good deal Bob!! Someone will be happy to receive the a great start up kit!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast