Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Fork Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Fork Tackle

Guys, I gotta say, I first saw the new Lake Fork Tackle on TV and was impressed with the idea and the look and color of the baits. When I saw the "swim channels" that are cut into the baits I was "hooked". I told my business partner about them (hes a big bass fisherman) and he made a huge order for bass swim baits. Lake Fork tackle sent him his order and included some samples. One of which was the 2" swimbait for crappie with the same swim channels. After seeing one first hand, i ordered almost $50 worth just KNOWING I would love them. I got em in a ton of colors and hit the water.

The tail will NOT MOVE. You can pull it slow, you can turn the trolling motor on 5, it will NOT wiggle in the slightest. I rigged it like a tube jig just sliding it onto a 1/16oz standard crappie jig head, careful not to let the hook shank go past the first swim channel. (the swim channels are NOT being impeded by the hook shank at all) and the there is NO movement in the tail no matter how fast you reel it. I was disappointed to say the least.

Now, let me preface this by saying my partner loves the larger bass style swimbaits, loves em. I was TOTALLY satisfied with promptness of my order, color selection (they are freakin beautiful) quality of the product..ALL GREAT! But I bought them thinking I would get tail action with the slightest of movement and wound up not being able to even see it wiggle. Am I doing something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Use it for vertical jigging.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

thats what I was doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up

Post Thanks / Like

Kman I am not having any problems with mine. I got a 60 dollar order from them (all Crappie baits) and I use them verticle jigging and have no complaints at all. I'm using a 1/32 #2 red sickle hook jig and when I present the right color they slam it, I have had the tails taken off a couple but that is to be expected. I get some movement but not extreme. I am happy with my baits. Hope they start working out for you. Give them some time and hope they serve you well. Ferdi aka Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Kman View Post
    Guys, I gotta say, I first saw the new Lake Fork Tackle on TV and was impressed with the idea and the look and color of the baits. When I saw the "swim channels" that are cut into the baits I was "hooked". I told my business partner about them (hes a big bass fisherman) and he made a huge order for bass swim baits. Lake Fork tackle sent him his order and included some samples. One of which was the 2" swimbait for crappie with the same swim channels. After seeing one first hand, i ordered almost $50 worth just KNOWING I would love them. I got em in a ton of colors and hit the water.

The tail will NOT MOVE. You can pull it slow, you can turn the trolling motor on 5, it will NOT wiggle in the slightest. I rigged it like a tube jig just sliding it onto a 1/16oz standard crappie jig head, careful not to let the hook shank go past the first swim channel. (the swim channels are NOT being impeded by the hook shank at all) and the there is NO movement in the tail no matter how fast you reel it. I was disappointed to say the least.

Now, let me preface this by saying my partner loves the larger bass style swimbaits, loves em. I was TOTALLY satisfied with promptness of my order, color selection (they are freakin beautiful) quality of the product..ALL GREAT! But I bought them thinking I would get tail action with the slightest of movement and wound up not being able to even see it wiggle. Am I doing something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

I have some and they ended up in the bottom of boat. If I
    wanted a do nothing bait I would have bought one. They will not move!
    It's supposed to be a swimbait.

Post Thanks / Like

I used them earlier this year with out any problems.. the electric chicken works really well. I hope you try them again. I pretty sure they will do the job for you...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I got some and love em. Only problem I have is the stupid fish wont leave them alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found mine to have as much movement as Bobby Garlands and other minnow type baits. I use mine for spider rigging mostly but have caught several crappie when long-lining with them. Awesome folks to deal with . I hope you give them a chance to see how effective they can be.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Im gonna keep trying them and I know they will probably catch fish, the colors are great. I just would have thought they would have moved more, thats all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast