Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Poached Oven Walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Poached Oven Walleye

Look what I'm gonna fix my wife and ma-inlaw for dinner tonite.One of their favorites,and mine.Can't wait!

Poached Oven Walleye

2 1/2 lbs. walleye fillets,skin removed
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    2 cups milk
    lemon wedges
    1/2 cup sliced green onions

Heat oven to 350 degrees.Place fillets in a 13x9 inch baking dish.Sprinkle with salt,pepper,and paprika.Pour milk over fish slowly.Cover with foil.Bake for 30-35 minutes,or until fish is firm.

Lift fillets from the poaching liquid.Place on a serving platter.drain and get rid of poaching liquid.Sprinkle fish with lemon juice(wedges) and onions, and serve with either crust bread, or a salad.
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

I like mine on the grill. This saves putting extra heat in the house in summer.

Coat each fillet with extra virgin oil, better for the heart than butter.
    Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. I just like a little Kosher salt and fresh pepper, adding too much seasonings takes away the flavor for me. Wrap the seperate fillets in aluminum foil and grill for 7-9 minutes, depending on size of fillets, on each side. serve hot.

If you don't have oilive oil you can substitute butter but it has a tendency to burn if you don't watch the fillets.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mmm! Sounds good

I'l lsave that one for cooler weather, but it sure sounds tasty. How about thickening that liquid a little for a white sauce? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern