Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BnM ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM ?

Anyone here using the B-n-M Ultimate in 8 ft. ? Your thoughts on quality,feel,function. Thanks a bunch,Mindog.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the Ultimate, but I used an 8 ft The Difference this spring and loved it. In fact, I'm going to get a couple of more of em. The sensitivity is great, I could see every bump and nibble. The quality and durability is there with the sensitivity (I pulled in several good sized cats on it, and more drum than I care to remember). I would imagine I would feel the same about the Ultimate, or any other BnM. I know my dad used them for years.

Post Thanks / Like

They are great, agree 100% with CRoberts

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the 7' rods, which I've been using for about 4 years now. Love it. Use it mostly with 1/16 oz. jigs on 2# test mono. Casts like a dream and is, like they advertise, super sensitive.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like just what the Dr ordered. Many years ago, like 24 or 25 maybe, I had a couple Uncle Bucks Crappie rods I bought from Bass Pro. Are these the same "Buck" ? I used the crap out of that little rod. I think it was only $9.99 when I got it,and used it for Crappie and top water Smallmouth for like 3 years. Still have one down in the garage I think.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used a 8ft. Ultimate for several years now. It has been my favorite BnM rod (I have several types) & have caught a lot of fish with it. Very sensitive & serious backbone. (More than what you would think when you pick one up) Caught lots of big bass & catfish on it without any problems. It's been doubled over the side of the boat many times. Great rod IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

i have the 8ft ultimate works great for casting but its heavy compared to my 7ft b&m sam heaton super sensitive i dont use it much any more since i purchased the sam heaton

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Ultimate for pitching corks around stumps, its a good rod for what I use it for. My only complaint.....I think it needs at least one more guide, but still the best rod for that style of fishing I've found so far.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm,good point about the weight compared to the Sam Heaton. Good to know and thanks for the heads up.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 2 Bucks Graphite Jig Poles (BGJP) in 8' for over a year now and I think they're great. I've stressed em hard with good results. Some folks don't like the foam handle, might be warmer in the hand in the 40 degree temps I fish sometimes. Very light, good balance with a 12$ Diawa Sweepfire reel.Braided line makes em jump when crappie sneeze at em. Can't talk of the ultimate as I don't own one, but I will own a Sam Heaton 9' sometime this year. I owned a "difference" and found it a bit soft for the way I fish, but they are well made and very sensitive. Good luck in the decision.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around