Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crankbait color on your home lake? Is black a favorite?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crankbait color on your home lake? Is black a favorite?

I know a lot of people seem to like bright cranks but they just don't seem to work that well on my home lake in missouri. Over the last three years of pulling a lot of cranks it seems that black variations work best day in and day out on my lake. I fish a very clear lake by most standards.

How many of you like to fish black cranks?

Thanks
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Black or dark early and on cloudy days and bright as the day lightens up. But the water we fesh will never be accused of being clear either, stained at best.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I use black right before and just at daybreak till around 8 then switch to the colors

Post Thanks / Like

Dongotto,

Stockton is my home lake also. I also have very good luck with solid black crankbaits, black is in my top 3
    choices for this lake. I also have good luck with pink and pink/black. However, my favorite crankbait is a discontinued color of a bomber deep flat A.
    Red Hot Tiger is the color scheme. They discontinued it about three years ago, haven't found anything as good to replace it with. It is a fire tiger with red stripes in place of black. It is the perfect imitation of a sunfish and crappie love it, walleye love it as well. I've seriously thought about getting an airbrush and painting up some deep flat A's to this color.

Post Thanks / Like

If they won't bite solid black, awesome pink, or black bubblegum you might as well head home!

Post Thanks / Like

anything black and chart works good on my home lake, start with chart and then try different colors, but as long as chart is there
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.