Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just ordered a couple

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just ordered a couple

Wally Marshall Signature Series Spinning Reels (WMS50, from Grizzly). A couple weeks ago (against my better judgement) I bought a cheap piece of....... that lasted until the 1st time I used it. It got returned for a refund needless to say.

SandwichMaker made a post about the new WM Reels, and spoke highly of them, so I thought I'd get one. Well, Fathers Day is tomorrow, so I ordered an extra for dad. He's been using too heavy line, and wasn't catching anything until I loaned him one of my U/L's (with 4 pound test), and he immediately started hooking into some nice 'gills. We do out for lunch weekly, so the next time we did, he bought a new U/L rig because he liked mine so well.

I'm anxious not only to get the new reel to use, but to give one to dad and to get him out fishing again.

I love my pop, and at 88 I'm thankful he's still around!

PS-Don't forget tomorrow is Fathers Day.

Post Thanks / Like

OK....I just learned Fathers Day isn't today......and to wear my glasses when reading the calendar banghead My calendar is from a flower shop, and it said (for todays date) "Order flowers for Fathers Day".

Post Thanks / Like

RoflGlad you like the reels and rods, Happy Fathers Day!!
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just so everybody knows....Father's Day is on Sunday, June 17, 2012.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually cheap stuff especially reels are a wreck looking to happen. I can't say anything about the WM reels, but I trust SM knows and probably would attach his name to junk. Personally I go more high end reels and all my reels are Shimano, but that is just me and my way. Not everyone is the same.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Lollol oh well, nice reels tho

Post Thanks / Like

Well, on the plus side, I wasn't late for Fathers day.

Received the reels just a few minutes ago (delivered to dads, and he brought them over). He was tickled when I handed him one and told him Happy Fathers Day. I was pretty impressed just from handling one (as much as one could be from simply taking the reel from the box), especially by the Zero Reverse one Way Clutch (there's ZERO backlash in the reels). Already got mine rigged and mounted....looks like a good excuse to go fishing

Oh, I also ordered some floats (from Grizzly), but the site wouldn't allow me to order hooks or line (said "Sentex Error", whatever that means?), so I ordered them from Cabelas. I got extras to split with/give to dad, and I got 2-50 count packs of red light wire hooks (4's and 6's). When I counted them out to divide them, BOTH packs had 49 hooks in them. May seem trivial, but if Eagle Claw is doing this in every pack, it would seem they have a pretty profitable scam running, considering the amount of hooks they sell. Next time anyone buys a pack, count them, I'd be curious to what you find.