Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: accidental color

Post Thanks / Like

Default accidental color

A month or so ago I had an order for some baits blood red with a chartreuse sparkle tail. They looked great until the red began to bleed. After some searching I found a red colorant that's colorfast and re-shot the order. After clearing the work bench i bagged up the bleeders and set them aside being curious what they would end up like. Here is the end result of blood read and chartreuse sparkle....

LOL. I have a spot on the Mississippi River that has great mid-summer crappie fishing right out along the main channel and plastics of pink/orange are often pretty decent baits. I tossed these in the tackle pail I use on the big river and plan to see how they produce. I have this wonderful color in both the shads shown and in a nice 1.75" stinger bait and ironically both of these bait styles are the hot ones at this area when the crappie bite is on.

I don't know if I can even duplicate the tail color here. In the sunshine this color combo is just flat out something else. Maybe I can quit being peeved about having a color bleed on me, eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Woah man them look great!

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We tye a crappie jig just for fall fishing1/48 oz chart minnow head with silver body and red tail great color.Maybe on to something.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great to me. Pink with a orange tail is a awesome bait.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. The Crappie will tell you if you are on to something. Then you will have to duplicate the color scheme. Should work.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

That is one of the more natural coloration creations, accidental or not, I have seen in plastics. Nice transition of color and nothing too bold. Should work really well for spooky lunkers. Looks like an old faded bait I had as a kid that the panfish wouldn't leave alone.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

looks great!

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

pink and orange is kind of offbeat but it is very interesting I have never thought about taking colors that had nothing to do with one another as you would take a purple and green or something like that so this is pretty fascinating hope to see more of this.

www.bobsjigs.com