Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Rock 6/2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock 6/2

Trolled 12 - 15 ft at the honey hole and nothing but 9" and smaller crappie. This is good as there is a great year class of white crappie getting bigger. Decided to work my way down to Aunt's creek, stopping at areas where there is gravel that transitions to bluff. The crappie seem to like these areas right now. A lot of fish in the open water now not relating close to brush or trees. #4 shad raps black back and silver sides worked best. 1 1/4 oz weight in 5' in front of the shad rap. 25' of line out and running 1.5. - 1.8 mph. Caught 30 some Crappie with eight being keepers, Umpteen Bass, 2 White Bass, 1 Bluegill, 1 Channel Cat, 1 Gar & a walleye.

Good day on the water. Pontoon trolls great.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

I was out trolling this after noon. I used a back and sliver AND A mad cow bandit with a 2 oz about 4 ft in front of it and just slam the little bass. No crappie. First time i ever used a lead wieght in front like that. I was running lot more line but i was also staying in 30 to 40 of water. Gould see a lot of fish on finder. I only tryied Virgin buff area.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have them figured out for the day Kit. Yea it good to see that you are catching smaller crappie for next years to come. Hopefully Tablerock crappie are turning around. Did you catch any of the black nose crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kit I was wondering how deep of water was u ranging in? I deep to ya think the lure was running?
    Going to rain here this morning may go out again this after noon. I know some of those areas where they make the transitions.

Post Thanks / Like

wish you better luck on the next run Kit, they can't hide for long, looked like a nice day to be on the water. later man

Post Thanks / Like

Good report. That Rock is tough going from all the reports I've heard so you did just fine it sounds like to me.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

I fish aunts creek alot , was out on 6-1 found a few crappie on minows off the bluffs. saw a freind fishing he stated the blue gills were doing good . went home reel quick got some red wriggers out the back yard went back. i took 34 gills bigger then my hand, cought over 50. the rock is a hard lake to fish for crappie getting better thought

Post Thanks / Like

So you were doing the same thing we were doing last year on Truman except instead of minners, you used expensive stuff?
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charley41 View Post
    Hey Kit I was wondering how deep of water was u ranging in? I deep to ya think the lure was running?
    Going to rain here this morning may go out again this after noon. I know some of those areas where they make the transitions.
    Charley you want to run your lures about 12 - 15ft most of the time.

Sometimes I'll go down to 20ft if I see a lot of fish down that deep and nothing in the 12 - 15 depth.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rugsrme View Post
    So you were doing the same thing we were doing last year on Truman except instead of minners, you used expensive stuff?
    I didn't think we pulled crankbaits last year on truman did we?

Yes expensive. Lost three shad raps on Sat.
    Standing in the Gap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast