Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glow Jig fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glow Jig fishing

Well I received my glow jigs from fishmansedge. They all look pretty cool. Glass with the glow in the middle. Kinda big I thought with #4 and # 6 hooks. The glass is kinda fat. The glass seems as big as a 1/4 jig head would. Went and gave them a try.

Started fishing about 1/2 hr. before sunrise, pretty dark still. First fish came pretty fast. I was using chartruese. I never had a crappie take a jig/bait so far in it's mouth. I couldn't believe how hard those fish where inhailing this thing. I had to use needlenose quite a few times to get hook out. All the fish I caught before sunrise had the whole thing over half way down their throat.

I'm still kinda new to crappie fishing. I never have had crappie take a bait/jig so far in it's mouth. Once the sun came up I continued to use it and the fish still took it good. I was using minnows and it seemed when it was light out I still had good hook sets, with very few fish hooked in the soft tissue of their mouths. But you could tell when it was light out the fish where keying in more on the minnow than the glow.

I landed 22 in all. I was pretty impressed with the way they worked. I'm going to try a different spot tomorrow and am going to try fishing in the dark a little more. Bait shops don't open till 5am though.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy,
    I am glad to hear you have had success with them as well. Please let us know how you do tomarrow and can you tell us when the fish fry is....I will bring the beer!!!!!
    Thanks
    Alan

www.thefishermansedge.com
    Last edited by THE FISHERMANS EDGE; 05-27-2006 at 01:15 PM.