Thread: Gerald Cromer

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Gerald Cromer

Gone
    Last edited by Don G; 05-28-2006 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Delete
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Not "off topic" enough .....

you should probably post it on the "cooking" forum :D ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to post it under "Off Topic" ...Sure don't want to offend anyone by posting on the main board....

This site is getting ridiculous! There are a few people (not Moderators) that are controlling what is said on the forums. Everyone complains about being Politically Correct but everyone is just adding fuel to the fire by coddaling them. If they don't like the site then go start your own. I realize everyone has their own way of doing things, but this is just going to far as far as I am concerned. This site is suppose to be about Crappie Fishing and our love of the sport and to help the less experienced anglers be more proficient at catching Crappie. I am sorry but I don't know which forum this should be in.
    Eager Beaver
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Mo.board

Quote Originally Posted by DonG
    Gerald, Is there any way you could post a step by step ,pictures help, description of how to clean Crappie and keep them whole....You showed us once at the Spring Fling at Watts Bar but I have totally forgotten....I can remember my mother cooking them that way and they were delicious....

You might want to post it under "Off Topic" ...Sure don't want to offend anyone by posting on the main board....

Thanks & have a good week end..
    Post-er up on the Mo. board, we offend each other on there all the time. And have a ball doing it:D Heck, i offend myself most of the time...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of offending each other izzy you still limp wristed?:D
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Biscuits

bugman,send IZZY some of your wifes biscuits that should build up his wrists. Still waiting for one to put in my minnow trap for the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Dang bugman

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Speaking of offending each other izzy you still limp wristed?:D
    I broke my wrist people. That could be taken way wrong, bug :D. Sorry for hijackin your post Don, i'm interested in the fish cleaning too..izzy
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 05-27-2006 at 08:01 PM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb relax guys ......

the post hasn't gone anywhere. My "suggestion" was in a kidding manner (since I know both persons).
    The Main Board is going to have many posts that are on the edge of being a little "off topic" ..... we get a hodgepodge of posts. If I moved everything to its most optimal PC forum ..... there'd not be much reason to have a "main" forum. The main forum is to bring everyone "together", and share knowledge and experience ... not a clearing house for dividing us into little cells or cliques. Posts aren't removed, edited, or moved at the drop of a hat. It's up to the Moderators to run their respective forums, the way they see fit and in the interest of keeping the site friendly. By being a member, you've agreed to allowing these steps to be taken, and there should not be any arguement or misgivings about it. ........ cp

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Sorry DonG

DonG, i'm very sorry if our goofing around caused you to delete your post. Straying from the topic is rude, if not led by the original poster. I'm truly sorry and it will not happen again from me on your or anyone else's post...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Don, & Group
    I don't have any pictures to post, but may have after Saturday night. We're planning on going to the Lake Wylie Rodeo and fishing with the locals. This will be the last one until cool weather returns..

What I do is clean the fish like most everyone else does. Scale and cut the head off the normal way. I then cut, "with a very sharp knife," along both sides of the top fin, deep enough, just past the depth of the fin bones... I then take a pair of pliers and pull the fin from the tail to the head, the top fin, and it just comes out with no lost of meat.. Then I do the same with the botton fin.

Always pulling from the tail to the head... When you cook the fish, it lets the fish cook from the inside, from where the fins were, along with cooking from the outside...

Then all you have to do is break it open along the back bone, length wise. One side will have the rib cage and the other half will have the back bone and rib cage. The back bone will lift right off that half... I find that the most of the rib bones also pull out of the meat and I then eat the rib area..

Although I do clean my bigger fish like you do, I still think that I save a good bit of meat on the mid and smaller size fish. It does take a little longer my way to clean, and the girles like the way you do it better, no bones at all..

The next time I do some I'll try and take some pictures... Hot weather is here and my fishing is about over until fall comes along. I cleaned a mess of Mollies, "Warmouth" Tuesday. I also got to play with "Mr. Al E. Gator" for about 45 mins. He said to tell you Hi.

As usual, I read most of the postings here and the SC group, but don't post anything often. I usually don't have anything usefull to say...

Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast