Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More on green lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default More on green lights

I would like some input on the people that use greenlights.If you don't like them thats fine.But there must be something to it because I saw them work for the first time.I wonder if it has to do with water clarity.Do the people that use them do so exclusivly or do you change for diferrent conditions?Are the lakes you use them in usually muddy or clear.Do you run your lights deep or shallow?Ant info will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green light so far no fish.....yet

I purchased a green light last summer and used it a few times. So far I am not catching any fish at night. I used some of those starfire II quartz lights also and didn't have any luck. I will give it another try next summer for sure. I will report back then as to how I do with the Green light.

The green light that I bought works nice above the water and does not appear to attract as many bugs. So I may end up using it above the water to help me see in the dark and then use my quartz light below the water's surface to attrack minnows and fish.

Quote Originally Posted by cspen
    I would like some input on the people that use greenlights.If you don't like them thats fine.But there must be something to it because I saw them work for the first time.I wonder if it has to do with water clarity.Do the people that use them do so exclusivly or do you change for diferrent conditions?Are the lakes you use them in usually muddy or clear.Do you run your lights deep or shallow?Ant info will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cspen
    I use my green lights mostly in clear to stained water. I drop them down where I want to catch the fish ( usualy about 10'-12' deep) and through a minnow out at the depth of the lights under a slip float.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    I use my green lights mostly in clear to stained water. I drop them down where I want to catch the fish ( usualy about 10'-12' deep) and through a minnow out at the depth of the lights under a slip float.
    See CSpen, If a crappie guide uses them they gotta be good! See ya buddy. CK.

Just get him on, then we'll worry about getting him in!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a dock at night where they have 2 floodlights attatched to the edge of the dock pointed towards the water! Need less to say that is an outstanding place to catch fish! You can see the crappie swimming around chasing baitfish with the other game fish. I have caught everything from striped bass to catfish, even some walleye! I just toss a unweighted hook with a minnow out in the middle of them and let it slowly sink holdin on for the big one! That's a good idea for dock owners, if you can tolerate other fisherman around your dock at all hours of the night! These people do leave them on all night! The lights are white and they seem to attract the crappie just fine. I still prefer the green lights away from that dock though!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know what the scientific basis for green versus white is?In other words someone had to think green was better than white for a reason , I wonder what that reason is.I know people use red lights for wildlife watching and such because the animals dont see red light.I would think the brighter the light , the more fish you would attract.But the green light throws out a much smaller circle of light in my opinion.Maybe the green does travel farther and it just dosen't register on our eyes.I'm like cspen , I would like to know what everyone's train of thought is on the green.Is it , in the words of cspens wife , "just prettier" and people are attracted to it ?I've yet to hear a person who uses both say they prefer the green , usually it's quite the opposite.The green users are usually folks who only use the green.Crappie crazy , I would like to loan you a white light to use on the eno and see what your catch rate does.It's time for some experimenting ....E.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them and caught fish. Also I have never see as many small shad as I have when using the green light. It looks like you could just walk across the water there is so many attracted to that light.

I am going to try using an umbrella net next summer to catch them for bait.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't know

I don't know much about science ot rithmatic either for that matter - I just saw green lights catch fish last Saturday night - I will have some for my next nightstalker outing
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    I don't know much about science ot rithmatic either for that matter - I just saw green lights catch fish last Saturday night - I will have some for my next nightstalker outing
    crap-king
    I saw them catch fish that night also , but I also caught as many as anyone out there with the white ones.Also , bam was on my boat and I think he caught more than anyone there (quietly).The three of us had about 19 in the cooler when we left at 10:30 pm.That night just taught me that the greens would catch fish , not that they were better by any means.I have on a few occasions saw the white lights outfish the greens hands down , sometimes to the point that one end of the boat was green and the other white and the white end catch "ALL" the fish.I know someone had something in mind when they made a green light at all , I want to know what that was so that I might use it to my advantage.Like cspen said , if the greens are better in certain conditions , then I might would buy one , but if it's a matter of preference then I'll stick to what I have.Which I have no complaints about so far.This needs more research.I might go to the manufacturer of the greens to see what they had in mind....E.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    Anybody know what the scientific basis for green versus white is?In other words someone had to think green was better than white for a reason , I wonder what that reason is.I know people use red lights for wildlife watching and such because the animals dont see red light.I would think the brighter the light , the more fish you would attract.But the green light throws out a much smaller circle of light in my opinion.Maybe the green does travel farther and it just dosen't register on our eyes.I'm like cspen , I would like to know what everyone's train of thought is on the green.Is it , in the words of cspens wife , "just prettier" and people are attracted to it ?I've yet to hear a person who uses both say they prefer the green , usually it's quite the opposite.The green users are usually folks who only use the green.Crappie crazy , I would like to loan you a white light to use on the eno and see what your catch rate does.It's time for some experimenting ....E.

Great BigE, now Moose is going to post a thesis on white/green lights. LOL
    Nothing but love for your post Moose.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast