Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone made a wading minnow container out of PVC or anything like that?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone made a wading minnow container out of PVC or anything like that?

I fish alot for trout wading the river and I hate keeping up with that big flow troll minnow bucket for just around 2 dozen minnows. Any of you all seen a minnow container that someone made for wading around the size of a 32 oz power aid or gatorade bottle? I was taking them in a coke bottle just in my vest but they die extremely quick then the other day I took my dads old pal minnow bucket which is so hard to get the lid off to even get a minnow out. Any ideas? someone creative? :P

Thanks,

-Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Are minnows really worth the trouble (especially for trout)?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, seems to be the only thing they will consistenly hit. The fish are really pressured right now and won't even take a night crawler for me. I have tried everything (spinners, corn, salmon eggs, power bait, trout magnets, rapala's, td minnows) but the only thing I can catch them on right now are medium minnows. It looks like if they would hit a minnow I could get them on a trout magnet or some sort of minnow immitation but nope! These trout were stocked around 2 weeks ago for a trout rodeo. They put in 900 lbs and the fish are atleast 15 to 16" with many going over the 20" mark and some over the 25" mark. Funny thing is I went up to the river the week before the rodeo and hook a monster rainbow that I'm sure was a hold over from a previous stocking. They have the rodeo each year and the river has some really nice fish in it that only happen to be wanting medium minnows lol Someone help me out. I am thinking even converting a power aid jar into a minnow container would be sufficient possibly. But, probably not to durable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    Yep, seems to be the only thing they will consistenly hit. The fish are really pressured right now and won't even take a night crawler for me. I have tried everything (spinners, corn, salmon eggs, power bait, trout magnets, rapala's, td minnows) but the only thing I can catch them on right now are medium minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

I gota a pretty good size piece the drilled holes on the top half of the pvc,

then added some insulation on the pvc so it hangs upside down with the holes in the water, like a fishing cork.

Then add a place where you can put a screw on top the other part by kthe place with no holes should just have a top with pvc glue so it wont come appart in the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Just get one of these.... Less than $10...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I've got gator. Its just so big and it can get pretty annoying pulling on your waist in fast water.... Interesting spawn... thats probably something I'm going to have to do...

Post Thanks / Like

What about a cricket tube?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I've got a cricket tube that would probably be good for it but what about walking down to the water and such the water would just pour out the sides. I guess I would have to wrap up half of it or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I used a small plastic mayonnaise jar a few times. Just drill some small holes in the lid and put a small diameter rope through a hole in the middle of the lid and tie a knot then tie the other end to your belt loop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast