Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spider riggin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider riggin

Tryin to get setup for spider riggin but just a little unsure about what knot to use when tying double rigs, 2 hooks for minners or maybe hook and jig combo. Thanks for the help!

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll tie the top hook/jig with a loop knot. Then about 18" below that, I tie the bottom hook/jig with a palmar knot. If you need more weight, add an egg sinker between the two hooks.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I use loop knots for jigs. Just tie in tandom down your main line. Minnows could be rigged this way too but I'd use some kind of leader system like a capps and coleman rig or Kentucky rig so the minnows had some freedom to move around a little bit. I'll warn you, fishing minnows this way is an entirely different animal than you are probably used to......be prepared for some major frustration, the bite/hook set is entirely different than tightlining or cork fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

You can look at shipahoy41's knot and rig post, that my help you figure out how to tie it, i normaly put a 1/64 oz on top and 1/32 on bottom

Post Thanks / Like

dont know about the jigs, but ive been using a loop knot for both minnow hooks, and then putting my weight on the bottom. seems to work mediocre for me. i know a lot of people tie up there own C&C riggs instead of buying the pre packaged ones. just a thought