Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Borrowed an idea from the minner fisherman...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Borrowed an idea from the minner fisherman...

Discovered something by accident this last time out. Had a pole rigged up with a bobber for minnows, and decided I was wanting to try a different color jig, so instead of abandoning the one I was catching a few on, I decided to tear down this other rig. Hated the thought of having to fix up another bobber stop later, so I left the little green string on there. Well, guess what! That thing was perfect for a reference point. I set it about 2' deep, and lowered my jig down till the string touched the water, and...THUMP! Did this over and over. And when the jig got hung and broke off, all I had to do was tie on another, set the stop at 2', and I was back in business. I also hate using the high vis line, and the little green stop, showed ever little move on them light bites. I'll be doing this from here on out, guarantee it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the small rubber stops for deep water jigging 20-40 feet in the summer easy to set and change your depth. Use to use a black marker but would wear off or have too many marks from changing depths.

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind, after re-reading your post I understand what you are doing. Neat little trick.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it, I too use the black marker and have for years, and only slip bobber every 4 years of so... great idea

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea!
    Biguns Pro Guide Service 662-424-2551, B'n'M Pro Staff, Engel Coolers Pro Staff, Ego Nets Pro Staff, Cumberland Crappie Pro Staff, Wise Boat Seats Pro Staff, Southern Pro Pro Staff, Pap's Hair Jigs Pro Staff, The Edge Multifunction Trolling Motor Bracket Pro Staff, Enjoy What God has given us and remember take a kid Fishing !