Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Today 5-26-06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Today 5-26-06

Went fishing today and had a pretty good day. Don't know for sure how many we caught all together but it was quite afew, and a mixed bag. This is my oldest Son that went with me today. We keep 18 Crappie,1 Bass, and 1 Cat. My livewell quit working today so we stopped keeping them. I checked the fuse but that wasn't the problem so will have to check further.
    Water temp was 69 degress. Water skiers and lake lice had the water churned up today. Won't go back out until after the week-end. The air temp is to be in the mid 90's for the next 5 or 6 days here that should really turn them on. All the females had eggs in them yet. Half of what we kept was 12-13 inches.

DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had a nice day there Beav. I hope my son will still want to go fishing when he gets your son's age.
    Looks like the weather there is getting nice!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Thats another fine mess you've gotten yourselves into, E B. Hey i like that, it's going to be my new catchy phrase. Get it, CATCHY hehe. Way to go guys...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Eager Beaver. Thanks for sharing your pics and let us know what the failure is with the livewell pump.

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like you had a good day. Nice bunch of fish too. I'm not going out until Monday. Busy weekend...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

A darn good catch there Beave.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great looking fish E.B. Let the ametures have the water this weekend. You have the makings for a good fish fry at home. Thats my plans at least. Speck.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab-happy
    Nice catch Eager Beaver. Thanks for sharing your pics and let us know what the failure is with the livewell pump.
    It turns out the armiture must have a flat spot on it. It runs good for awhile and then it won't turn when turned on. You have to move it a little and then it will run for awhile again. I just need to replace the motor cartridge on it. Bass Pro has them for $16.00. I called a couple of marine dealers and they want $30.00 for the same pump. I will be making a trip to Bass Pro tomorrow to get a new pump for the livewell. The boat is 10 yrs old so can't complain about the pump going bad for as much as It has run over the years. The worst part is how much of the boat I had to take apart to get to the pumps. If I would have been a few lbs lighter I might not have had to take so much apart to get to the compartment.

Post Thanks / Like

I called BPS this morning to make sure that they had the pump cartridge that I needed for the livewell. They said they had several of them on hand. I took a few of the guys I take fishing with over to BPS. Guess what? They didn't have the pump I needed. They had the complete livewell pump for $30.00 though. They had a bilge pump with the same pump cartridge in it for $24.00 so I bought it and just used the pump out of it. They wouldn't sell me just the pump out of the kit. I also got a few other packs of jig bodies.