Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: got it fixed

Post Thanks / Like

Default got it fixed

Thank you ED for all you do, I know you probably did nothing and it was something Speck Did, I sent him a wells fargo electronic money transfer for a bbq rib dinner, and all is working fine now.... thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

I kinda have "what happened" figured out. Not the problem, just "what happened".

You see we had a major "lockup" twice. And the resolution at those times was to turn off vBseo.

Well, vBseo modifies forum URLs. It gives search engines "friendly" names to better find stuff. It changes forum numbers to nice names in the actual URL.

Anyway, when I originally turned it off, the site had been down, so when everyone came back, your browsers refreshed their cache automatically. So users did not experience these broken URL issues at that time.

Then when I turned vBseo back on yesterday, everyone's cache still had the previous visited URLs saved in it's cache. That's why forums you regularly visited did not work, but forums you had not visited lately (were not in your cache) worked. If you took a "different than usual" path to the broke forum you had previously visited, you could get to it cause it was not in your browsers memory.

I've actually debated leaving vBseo off, but the "LIKE" system is in it, and any vBseo created URL references to images where someone copied it to another post, or signature, would not work. Hence some broken images when it's off. So, we kinda are stuck with it. That means, I have to identify the specific problem that the raffle system has with vBseo (the two lockups that we had). If we get another lockup, I'll be turning off the Raffle system instead of vBseo, and we'll see if that's provides a temp solution. In the mean time, I'll do more Internet Searches for a permanent solution.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI ...

When I open the Mo board ... there's only a subforum menu, where the main/tourney/off topic forums are listed. Haven't noticed any problems with getting on any of the other forums I frequent, nor do any of them look any different than normal.

... cp

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

CP, how are you at smoking ribs?

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Speck.....I think you need to share those ribs with me lol
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

The system is still hosed. I can get to any state forum that I have not visited. However I can not get to the Main forum or any state forum that I prior visited.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SirBob View Post
    The system is still hosed. I can get to any state forum that I have not visited. However I can not get to the Main forum or any state forum that I prior visited.
    SirBob, have you tried to clear your cache. PM me your phone number or I can PM you mine if you want me to walk you through it. It is remembering an invalid location that is being retained in your cache, so your cache/history has to be cleared.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

mines been working pretty good for me, i guess lucky me? lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using Mozilla Firefox and everything is working normally?
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack