Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey Rango, how'd you do on those shellcrackers?

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey Rango, how'd you do on those shellcrackers?

I love those fish on the plate , but they sure are a pain to fillet.That bone runs real close to the surface on their sides.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

we started out trollling for crappie, and caught 7 crappie, four catfish, the biggest of which now i think about it, was a blue about ten lbs or so. the other three was channels. when we netted it i was thinking id never seen a channel with a gut like that. this fish had the big gut blues have and i dont know why but i had channels on my mind till later on in the day and it dawned on me it must have been a blue with that big gut. i took a photo of it and when i get it back i should know what it wasl. the catfish was thrown back. we couldnt buy a brim bite. we fished the areas we caught the shell crackers at and finally give up. there was a lot of small brim gathered under the allison crk bridge and we messed with them catchin bait. later on in the am we took a break and went to the bank, and i got into some rocks and ruined my prop. we left after that. i went to bass pro this am and bought a new one. $166.00. that was an expensive break.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default sorry to hear about that.

I know that hurt, having to shell out money like that on a prop.Those shellcrackers are fun to catch, but not nearly as easy as the bluegills.I think I told you before that every one I catch swallows the hook.Its worth it though when you feel that big ol' booger tugging on your line.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Think that old prop is worth fixing? Always good to have a spare on board. Try US Propeller in Troutman, they might can repair it for a decent price and UPS shouldn't be too bad.

slab_seeker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejoe
    Think that old prop is worth fixing? Always good to have a spare on board. Try US Propeller in Troutman, they might can repair it for a decent price and UPS shouldn't be too bad.
    US Props has fixed about 3 props for me and did a good job each time. Luckily I haven't needed their services in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

i bought a new prop at bass pro and got it on today. the guy at the mercury store at bass pro give me us props phone nummer and im gonna call and send it to them for repair. the prop got a piece about the size of a dime gouged out of two blades and all three of the blades was bent. im gonna send the prop off to be repaired and ill then have a spare if i ever need it. the new prop cost $164.00.

Post Thanks / Like

$166.00 not $164.00

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    $166.00 not $164.00
    There is also a prop repair shop in Welcome since you are fishing High Rock so much - They charge about $50.00 and the prop looks brand new - can't think of the name but it is near David Fritts Outdoors boat dealer
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's Hogan's Prop Shop, 336-731-4586. Been a while since I've been there but he does a good job.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!

NCSpanky Guest

Default US Props - Pineville

US Props had a place in Pineville. You may want to ask them about that. If you visit Pineville any it could save the shipping charges.

Kevin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast