Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brushpile / scuba Excursion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brushpile / scuba Excursion

put out 24 trees in one our lakes here by the house. Lake is "clear" can see down what appears to be 3-4 feet. always wanted to scuba in it. Finally did it!

I was disappointed though. Once you got down about 8ft, it got black. Could see hand in front of face, but that was about it. 8ft and shallower, you could see about 3 feet. I had my buddy (who is braver than me) bear hug old trees and feel his way down into 20-25ft of water and then come back up and give me a limb by limb analysis. Some trees that LOOK like other trees but never produce fish wound up with little or NO algea growing on them and no limbs in the 8-11ft range. (which is where we catch fish 90% of the time) makes sense.

It was so cool to throw him overboard and say, "go tell me whats down there". LOL! He tied a couple markers to piles I always wanted to pinpoint and let them come up. (private lake, not worried about markers being left out). All in all, a fun great day!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

Thats very cool. I always wanted to dive into the lakes I fish all the time, and see first hand whats down there.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea as well. Tried using a buddy's underwater camera (may have been Aquaview) but didn't see anything, including the structure I knew was there. I may have been using it incorrectly.

Sink some hardwood next time that has some room between the limbs. Great to fish and crappie love it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Down imaging works fine to ease my curiosity.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Amen, to that, Feelay.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the Speer gun for? Protection. Meet idea to make sure your structure is placed correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with feelay but still very cool

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Scuba diving is a blast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    Down imaging works fine to ease my curiosity.
    I hear ya. i have a 798SI with DI on it and have hundreds of piles marked. But it aint like LOOKIN at it.

Been fishin this pit for 22 years. I have hundreds, maybe more than that of Christmas trees in there over the years. Caught THOUSANDS of fish off of em. They work just fine. Also have countless 20x7 double axle trailer loads of bamboo in there. Work great too.

I took side imaging pics of him bear-huggin the trees. I will bring the SD card to work tomoro and show you. Pretty cool lookin. If you didnt know what it was, you wouldnt. But since you will know...it will be a cool pic.

Speargun was cause thats his thing. He was hoping for a big cat or gar. There are lots of em in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Scuba in LA??? Not this cowboy, there's all kinds of creepie crawlies in them swamps that bite.

Was always curious tho just how far down you had to go before the water essentially "went black". I think the better fish like to hide just below that "dark line"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast