Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Free fishing day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Free fishing day

Tried to take advantage of Penn free fishing day yesterday. Motor trouble but fished with trolling motor. Lots of small 6-7 inch crappies post spawn. All on ice jigs tipped with waxies. Only going to be up north til Aug this yr so I can't justify over $50 for non resident fishing lic

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds cool, wish i could get in on that

Post Thanks / Like

Hey RM, sounds like I am in the same predicament as you are - half time in PA and half time in FL. Where do you go on lake Roussea? I tried that lake this year - March through May and didn't have any luck. Looks good with all the stumps, but tough to navigate.
    Sam in PA and FL

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Sounds cool, wish i could get in on that
    You can :

(quoted from MDWFP) Free Fishing Weekends & Days

Anyone may fish along the Gulf Coast on July 4th each year in waters south of I-10 without a saltwater fishing license. Those who have purchased a Lifetime Sportsman's License do not need to ever purchase a saltwater fishing. During the first weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of National Fishing and Boating Week, usually the first week of June, fishing permits are not required MDWFP State Fishing Lakes and State Parks and state wide fishing licenses are not required.

... cp