Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Wanahoo reveiw

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wanahoo reveiw

I haven't made the long, 3/4 gas tank trip out there yet, but i have heard a lot of buzz about it, some positive, some negative.

I am wondering, has anyone on here been able to shoot out towards Wanahoo to test the waters?

Post Thanks / Like

I am going out there this week or next week during the week and check it out. Will be checking on the camping areas to see what they are. We spent from Thursday to this afternoon at Louisville State Park camping thru the storms. Water was so bad looking and smelling that we didn't even fish any of the lakes there. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not touching Louisville SRA this year. Its why i didn't renew my park pass. 2a just smelled and had this white bubbly stuff coming from the middle of it. Dead fish. I just didn't want to go back after that.
    I heard most of the fishing out there is good, its finding a spot that is hard. I guess the first few days, a few fights broke out with folks trying to get their boats in the water as fast as they can.

I've heard the bass are good sizes out there, but its the crappie sizes that are a little high. I've heard some folks say 15 - 17" crappie, and that seems a little high for crappie that were stocked a little over a year ago. I can see a few 12" in that range. But a large quantity of 15 - 17" crappie in the span of a year just seems a bit bullish.

Post Thanks / Like

The Crappie at Wanahoo are about 10-11 inches I was told by someone that I would believe. There are bigger ones but the majority are 10-11 inches.

If I was with the Game and Parks I would be embarassed at the state of the lakes at Louisville State Park. This should cost someone or several their jobs to let a State Lake get in this deplorable condition. For the cost of a fishing license and State Park stickers there shouldn't be a money problem. But to have it in this condition over a major Holiday as we just had. This is why I fish a private Lake most of the time. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    The Crappie at Wanahoo are about 10-11 inches I was told by someone that I would believe. There are bigger ones but the majority are 10-11 inches.

If I was with the Game and Parks I would be embarassed at the state of the lakes at Louisville State Park. This should cost someone or several their jobs to let a State Lake get in this deplorable condition. For the cost of a fishing license and State Park stickers there shouldn't be a money problem. But to have it in this condition over a major Holiday as we just had. This is why I fish a private Lake most of the time. EB
    It can’t cost anyone their job when they don’t have the money for the position in the first place.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to the Lake Wanahoo several times and have been happy with the results.
    It has been spotty in finding the fish but that is part of the adventure.

In my opinion they have done great in getting the lake up to par and ready for all the people that are there on a daily basis.