Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BnM Slo Troller Rods Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM Slo Troller Rods Question

I am rigging out my boat for spider rigging. I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinions o the BnM slo troller rods. They will fit my budget better.. Been reading alot about spider rigging.. Could some of you guys give me an insite on how some of you guys rig your poles and so on.. I appreciate your suggestions..
    Don't catch them all!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

I use four rods with 2 hooks per pole, but I will space the hooks out on each pole at a different depths, so no 2 poles are the same, this way I can find out the depth the fishies like that day. Once I figure that out (which isnt all that often) I will move the other rods to that same depth, unless of course your catching at the other depths as well.

I also like to use jis tipped with minnows (hooked thru the lips so they swim/live longer)

I'm sure others will have different techiques:D

Post Thanks / Like

I use the b&M jig poles with $10 SHIMANO reels. 11 and 12 ft. I have used 14's but they are too long for me. Just pay attention to the snags. I have broken 2 in 3 trips.

Post Thanks / Like

B&M also makes a good glass rod call a West Point Crappie Pole. I bought 2-12 footers at Gander Mountain and I believe I gave $29.00 a piece for them. I really like the rods, they're stout & have real good guides. Heck I've been spider rigg'n on windy days and got into a brush pile & had the poles bent plum under the boat and they didn't break. They're not real good for jig'n but you're not feeling the bite anyway. I highly recommend these poles.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 2- 16 foot B&M Slow Trollers straight out in front of the boat then 2-14 footers on each side of them then 2-12 footers out the sides. I've caught alot of fish this way although sometimes they can be hard to keep up with. Good Luck, Speck.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff