Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys be careful today

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Guys be careful today

I was fishing today on the res cause I have had my boat and drivers license for a while and when I was on my way back home I was fixing my boat up to leave and passed clear out from dehidration. I didnt even see it comming, I had a little headach then bam I was out. Luckly someone called and was able to get me medical attention and get some fluids me, just be careful and in the heat guys!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Always take Gatorade or water with you when fishing. You must stay hydrate folks.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad everything is OK now spawn. That coulda gotten ugly. Like ship says...always stay hydrated when out in this heat.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

wow man!! you better be careful, always drink plenty fluids, i only drink water (until i get home) and i was at the res today also and i went through 4-16oz bottles and we quit by 1:00 or so. My only issue today was that i had a lady hit my trailer in the parking lot and knocked out a tail light and scuffed my trailer a bit. Bless her heart , she stayed waiting for us to return, so she could appoligize and pay for the damages. How many people do you know would do this? just when you think their is no hope for humanity someone proves you wrong.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Spawn, always have plenty of water and gatoraid and something to eat! Glad you are ok! Headache is sign of dehydration.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips guys, i normally drink when im done but i had no clue i was that close, thanks for considerations buds!

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice. See my post in Oklahoma forum it is sneaky and scary and painful. Lake Altus/Lugert
    Last edited by Mikie; 05-26-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good reminder & you should pack way more water than you think you'll need. In real hot weather I'll carry a small towel and dip in the cooler, wring it out and wrap it around my neck. It sure can help on those real hot days.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you're ok. That could have been bad quick.
    Blue Water LED, LLC - www.bluewaterled.com
    Blue Water Jeff - 1-800-221-2583

Post Thanks / Like

Sneaky stuff dehydration. Sounds like you had some good luck and came through it in good order. I've spent a bunch of time working in MS and I never felt HOT like you all have there. Oh it gets hot up here,but not like Mississippi. Take care in the future to keep your outside dry and your insides wet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast