Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider rigging MTL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigging MTL

Gonna fight the crowds at MTL Sunday and try spider rigging. Any of you regulars up there have a depth you like to start at? I have fished Grenada with great success but only fish my jigs 2 feet deep there over the flats. Any advice would be great. I was thinking maybe 10 feet deep and concentrate on bluffs and creek channels, maybe some secondary points if it isn't too wavy.

Post Thanks / Like

when I rig, I usually set each rod at different depths and see what the fish want. 10ft is about where Id guess but who knows. sounds like your on the right track to me. don't forget the crappie nibbles, some days they really help.

Post Thanks / Like

gonna try 3 rods with C and C double minner rigs and three with black/chartreuse crappie thunder jigs with crappie nibbles, we'll see what happens. I will be in an 84 brown/tan Champion if anyone sees me and wants to say hello....

Post Thanks / Like

luck to ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Wound up with our thirty fish, though it took until 5:00pm to do it.10 ft down in 24ft of water and scattered on bank side of creek channels. Threw back over 30 fish less than 9 inches. May have done better with larger minnows, but Hobbie Huts "mediums" were guppy sized and I think larger may have been easier for the fish to see.north fork and sandy mostly.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got into some fish. Sounds like a good day. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job- never figured why people wanted to get off the water with their limit as fast as possible. I enjoy being out there working things out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    Good job- never figured why people wanted to get off the water with their limit as fast as possible. I enjoy being out there working things out!
    I agree, if I am driving 100 miles to wet a line, I am there for the day. if I have what I need in the livewell or freezer already, well those fish get a second chance.
    bwillig, congrats on what sounds like a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Normally, I'm a sunup to sundown fisherman, but the heat yesterday was pretty tough to deal with. The other rough part was rigging in what must have been the pick area for tubers and skiers! Tough to detect some of the bites, but it seemed like the dinks had no problem catching the yo yo minners!! The only time we caught keepers was when the presentation was smooth. I do get a kick out of the people who ask you what the heck you are doing with all those rods out in front!!!

Post Thanks / Like

got enough poles out???? Lol! yes, I get that, too. a lot. whatever, its just how I roll!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast