Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Time Crappie Fishing Martin Lake Alabama

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Time Crappie Fishing Martin Lake Alabama

I just got back from a crappie fishing trip last night at Martin Lake just south of Alexander City. I fished with Larry White & "Cooie" Ronnie Browning from Sylacauga Alabama out on the lake from about 7:00pm to 1:30am. We took the boat to docks that had lights near the water and some docks with lights under the water. Fished from pier to pier under and around the lights for crappie. Using our 1 1/2" crappie grub, 4lb line, and 1/16oz open hook head. The water temperature was 82.5 degrees. The crappie were not under the lights but out just past the light in the shadows. The water depth was sort of deep usually from 18 to 25 foot. Fish were from 2' to 10' deep. Anyway caught a lot of crappie about 70 or more. This is the first time I have been out night fishing for crappie like this. It was very successful. Cooie says this should last another 3 weeks or so. I caught the least amount but I was fishing against experience for night crappie fishing.

Lots of Fun !
    Charlie Brewer Jr.

Name:  lake dusk.jpg
Views: 2364
Size:  21.2 KB Name:  Larry&Cooie2012.jpg
Views: 2217
Size:  47.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Crappies at Night

That sounds pretty cool! I have been on a mission this spring to get everything together to fish Crappies after dark using my boat and a floating crappie light. I've installed Amber led lights throughout my boat to give me light to fish but not attract Mosquitos. Plus I made a floating donut light to shine the light down into the water. I live in Wisconsin and during the summer months, the lake 1/4 mile from my house turns into a Zoo with all the high spread boats and Jet Ski's. I've decided to try and figure out night fishing just to beat the crowd. It's nice to hear about someone else fishing for Crappies at night as well. If you have any little pointers or advice, I'd be more then happy to listen. In Wisconsin the crappies are still in the shallows so it will be a little while till I can fish them deep. The water temp is just hitting 70 as of yesterday so it won't be too long before they move out. Thanks again for the post, hopefully I can catch a few as well!
    Last edited by KingEdward; 05-24-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Just adding more

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure sounds like loads of fun.