Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak sale at dicks sporting goods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayak sale at dicks sporting goods

Of anyone has been thinking about trying a kayak out for fishing, there are some inexpensive yaks there. They are not the best, but some are pretty cheap to get you on the water.
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion, but rather than buy something based on price without a test ride. I suggest going to a store that allows demo/rentals so that you can actually test the various models out. If not find someone selling one used and ask to demo theirs. You should always test ride before buying, just like you would do for a motorcycle, boat, or car.

Post Thanks / Like

Its ALWAYS wise to research your purchase first. If they have something you have been wanting, it maybe time to check it out.

Not everyone can afford to buy an expensive yak, or would want to if they are not sure if they want to carry on with it. Its just an opportunity to save some bucks if they are interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kb2112 View Post

Not everyone can afford to buy an expensive yak, or would want to if they are not sure if they want to carry on with it. Its just an opportunity to save some bucks if they are interested.
    Ditto! I'd rather have a $100 cheapie than none at all. As long as it floats and can be paddled, I don't care much about the rest, but all I fish is small ponds and TM only lakes. I'm tickled to death with my cheapie, and will enjoy it just as much as one costing many times over what I paid.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it. If I didnt go out into saltwater, Id have gone for a cheapie.

Actually Ive added to my 'Plastic Navy' recently, for the sole intent of having an extra for friends to go fishing with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the same ones, there not that bad

Post Thanks / Like

Been really looking at this one in camo... http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...417832.4417969

Gonna pull the trigger on one sometime and this price is tough to pass up. Over 20 reviews at a 4 star average is pretty solid for an inexpensive yak. I buy a lot of stuff at Dick's, they have great service and are improving their selection every year. Also think one of their latest fliers had 0% financing on kayaks and accessories. If money wasn't an issue, I'd be paddling a nucanoe frontier but they start at $1200.
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

Kemper, I bought the exact one...in yellow. Love it so far. I'm ~300# and it is stable with me in it turning around for poles and gear and whatever else. It doesn't always track the truest...but it is a nice boat for the price IMO. I got a PFD, boat, and cheap paddle for 440 out the door with a credit card application.

Post Thanks / Like

That's somewhat similar to the Future Beach I bought (which was slightly lighter, carries a bit more weight, and slightly cheaper @ $350 at Dunhams). I think you'll like it if you get it. Fishing from a Kayak is a whole new experience.

Post Thanks / Like

What does the future beach hold weight wise? More than 440 was really hard to find and the only one I did find was the Moken 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast