Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what about june?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what about june?

can we get a biggest fish contest going for june? a simple --control item+fish+tape-- picture posted in the contest thread, type deal. dont nessesarily need prizes just braggin rites. low key just for fun.

just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by river scum View Post
    can we get a biggest fish contest going for june? a simple --control item+fish+tape-- picture posted in the contest thread, type deal. dont nessesarily need prizes just braggin rites. low key just for fun.

just a thought
    The fish might have to be laying on a current newspaper like the kidnappers do.......got to prove it was caught in JuneRofl.....some peeps like me have some biguns in their archives. Another thought...since we had cats(ugh) maybe dogs on the boat......lots of folks take their dogs fishing.....I'd have to borrow one that likes boats. My wus dog doesn't like the outdoors life! or Maybe an "action shot" catching a crappie. or Maybe the smallest crappie. I got a million ideas..too bad none are good!Rofl Anyway, I LIKE THE CONTESTS it's a riot looking at the entries!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We've had big fish contests before and they have not worked out very well. Rules are not closely followed and members feelings get hurt. I like the semi-random, subjective simple photo contests. Everyone wins.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the costume contest we had. I'm thinking we do a costume contest again, maybe the theme will be, costumes, plus a dog and a boat! I will announce it shorty.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Make them put a piece of paper with date and year

Post Thanks / Like

since the main board dont dig them, can we do "real fishing contests" in our state sections then? its not hard to enforce rules that are simple and strait forward. Slab, you are the boss here so im asking out of respect sir.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by river scum View Post
    since the main board dont dig them, can we do "real fishing contests" in our state sections then? its not hard to enforce rules that are simple and strait forward. Slab, you are the boss here so im asking out of respect sir.
    Sorry for the late reply RS, I've been away with minimal connectivity and am now catching up on things. If you want to hold a fishing contest in your state, that might work. Another problem with doing it site wide is people think certain states with big crappie will win all the time so they don't enter. State specific might be good though. RS, if you want to run one and see how it goes, as long as the prizes are minimal I don't think anyone should worry too much about who wins. PM me RS and I'll let you know what I can support the contest with, as far as crappie.com swag goes.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

thats ok slab, in no hurry. thanks for the swagg offer man! i think ill start it off for just braggin rights to see how it unfolds first.

thanks again slab

Post Thanks / Like

At least throw in a free crappie.com t-shirt for the winner, OK?
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

How about a picture of your fishing team contest? Your partner? Your dog? Your kids? Whatever your fishing team consists of. Just an idea.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast