Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: DIY cart for a 12 ft coleman crawdad

Post Thanks / Like

Default DIY cart for a 12 ft coleman crawdad

hello, just wondering if anyone has seen or has built a cart for a coleman crawdad? I just finished the pvc version of the kayak cart from this site and it works great! I enjoy fishing a pond on state property that is only foot accessible from my kayak but would love to have my wife join me so we would need to use the crawdad. its a little bigger and heavier than a kayak but i think a cart could be made for one. any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated . love this site. thanks..........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

could you just not use the "plans" from the one you built but beef it up to handle the crawdad and modify as needed ??
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

When I bought mine (Coleman), the guy gave me somewhat of a cart. It was a 2"X6" wider than the boat with 2 eye bolts for a ratchet strap (to strap the boat to it), and a steel rod axle with a couple lawnmower wheels. I wouldn't want to haul it too far.

If you used larger wheels, you could place the board close to the center of the boat so you wouldn't be carrying as much weight when you were moving it. Taller wheels would keep the rear-end from dragging. Maybe a couple small bicycle wheels could be picked-up cheap, even if you had to buy a kids bike at a rummage sale for $5-$10. You could even cut the board in the middle, and put a heavy hinge on it (bottom/road side) so it could fold in half, and make the wheels easy on/off if you planed to put it in the boat while you fished.

Post Thanks / Like

Just throw mine in the back of the truck...love that little boat!