Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: night tips

Post Thanks / Like

Default night tips

gonna try hanging some lights off dock at mdc lake got floater and sinking rattle lights from walmart not high quality but i think will work any tips i know water 15 to18 feet with 2 brush piles 40 ft or so off each end caught some nice ones during day just no numbers any tips or advice be great thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Be patient..... Most times it will take 45 minutes to an hour for the fish to respond to your lights....and be prepared for a very soft bite. Good luck and give us a report
    FISH ON......... inspired by river monsters around the globe.......

Post Thanks / Like

I do lots of night fishing.pearl stingers its like New York city at night down there.pitch it out beyond the light let it come back on a tight line using 1/32 with a bee bee shot start counting any where from 10 to 25 reeling slowly jigin every so often.this is if yer in 20 feet of water.I never have much luck jig up and down but when do most bites will be within 5feet of the top.that's just me and I night fish jacomo and smithville.love me some night fishing,oh yeah full moons no good.Later

Post Thanks / Like

I experimented all of last summer with night lights. I've got two greens and one white light. I do the best on Stockton lake it seems to me. Its the most clear lake so maybe that has something to do with it. While waiting on the crappie to gather around your light I recommend throwing out some poles rigged for cat fishing because it could take a while just like what ol snake dodger said above.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought one of them berkley underwater green lights and tried it out yesterday. No luck but not sure I was out there long enough. The light penetration on the light is about 2-3' so I had a nice 6' diameter glow going.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk