Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anchor Size ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anchor Size ?

On a 20 ft. pontoon what size anchor is working for some of you.Want to get two to tie up at night. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

I pour mine out of lead...There was a previous posts but I have a pic I think I can attach...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 19ft center console - I use 2 14lb fluke style anchors - on y=the NC coast we call them sand anchors - with about 3ft of 3/8" chain on each and about a 150ft of rope on each holds her in place pretty well - theses anchors are generally less than $20 a piece
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 19ft. deck boat, and i use a 25lb. plow type in the back and a 15 lb. anchor in the front, it holds great, the key is just making sure the back anchor gets a good bite. front just keeps the boat from swaying side to side

Post Thanks / Like

In regards to anchors, I was always under the impression that the rule of thumb for anchors was to have at least as much line out as the length of your boat. This is of course after the anchor has set on the bottom. The length of rope out is just as important as the weight of the anchor.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a fluke type anchor that releases the flukes so that it always comes up clean! I have two of them on a 18' pontoon and they hold great! Bass Pro carries them for around $80.