Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report from Lake Martin

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Report from Lake Martin

Setting on the banks of Lake Martin and thinking about going but am gonna leave the weekend to the players. Anyone been fishing this lake. Don't need to know where, but could use some suggestions on technique, vertical jigging, casting, spider rigging, cranking, or dennimite.

See you on the water come sunup tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no help for Lake Martin, haven't tried it in several years (tired of fighting the big boats). But have had good results on Lake Jordan (about 25 miles to the west). Normally have had good luck casting jigs around the docks. Not so much dock-shooting but just casting into the shady side of the docks and boat houses in the creeks off of the main lake. Might work well on Martin too. I'll check with a buddy that fishes Martin regularly and see what he recommends and PM info. What part of the lake are you at? Good luck
    Life is good!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. We are down by the dam, but will probably trailer up to the north end. You ain't kiddin about the big boats. This is nothing like the mud hole I usually fish at home. Sure is pretty though.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend was not much help, says he hasn't fished Martin this year yet but he did say that normally slow trolls or cast minnows under slipbobbers in the area called Sandy Creek. I just got back yesterday from fishing your neck of the woods...fished last weekend at Greers Ferry (Middle Fork on North end) and spent a day at Lake Chicot on the way back. Originally from Jonesboro and grew-up fishing those muddy waters you speak of...Cache and St Francies Rivers, Wapanocca, Ashbaugh, Tunica and others. Thinking of retiring back that way when the time comes if it wasn't for those cold winters. Lived here for 20 years and just recently started crappie fishing (used to chase the 'green carp') and mainly fish the Alabama River (Montgomery to Swift Creek) or Lake Jordan.
    Life is good!

Post Thanks / Like

We're from near Jonesboro ourselves and own some swamp land in the St Francis river bottom. Middle Fork is Creekslick on the AR boards territory. Since we couldn't put a finger on minnows this afternoon, we'll probably deep troll some bandit 300's, or pull some weighted road runners tomorrow. Appreciate the help and if we should stumble into some, I'll let you know. If you come back our way, give us a shout and be sure and come by the AR board and say howdy from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  031.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  21.0 KBWhite bass were biting bobby garlands vertical jigged 46.2 fow 27 feet 3.8 inches down. No crappie were harmed.

Note jig descending into fish.

Post Thanks / Like

RCC PM sent
    Life is good!