Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cedar Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cedar Creek

What is going on at Cedar Creek? Anybody fished it lately & what are the crappie doing? Might get a chance to go this week & anty info would be appreciated..

Rick

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcombs View Post
    What is going on at Cedar Creek? Anybody fished it lately & what are the crappie doing? Might get a chance to go this week & anty info would be appreciated..

Rick
    Rick ... went yesterday, but fished from the bank for Shellcrackers. Lake is relatively clear & at full pool.

Here's the latest report that I'm aware of : » Cedar Creek Lake Fishing Report ... but, as it's a week old, I'd venture to guess that the Crappie are back out in a little deeper water, by now.

The Shellcrackers I caught were in the 7-8" range, & most were females full of eggs. As they were caught in the 6-8ft depth range, and with the above report stating that the water temps are around 75deg, I would assume that most, if not all, of the Crappie spawning is done & the Bluegill/Shellcracker spawn is gearing up.

... luck2ya, if you go ... and give us a report, if you do !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info pappy & I will give a report if I get to go..

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Went Friday and kept 20 of the 35 I caught. Most were 9"-10.5" Did catch one that was 11". Caught the in 12 fow about 5ft deep with minnows under a cork. All the ones I cleaned were STILL full of eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TigerBait. Just so I am thinking right there is no size limit on crappie or shellcracker at Cedar Creek is that right? I might try to go tommorow or Thursday. Appreciate your help. Gotta catch some of those crappie before they spawn out.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

TigerBait could u be more specific on where u caught the crappie??

Rick

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcombs View Post
    Thanks TigerBait. Just so I am thinking right there is no size limit on crappie or shellcracker at Cedar Creek is that right? I might try to go tommorow or Thursday. Appreciate your help. Gotta catch some of those crappie before they spawn out.

Rick
    Rick ... you are correct, there is no size limit on Cedar Creek Crappie or Shellcrackers. Daily limit on Crappie is 30/person/day ... Shellcracker is 20/person/day. The only fish with a size limit at Cedar Creek Lake -- Bass (20" - 1fish/day) & Channel Catfish (12" - no creel limit).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone been catching any crappie out of cedar creek in the last few weeks ?