Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passing it on

Post Thanks / Like

Default Passing it on

I'm going to tella little story about my favorite part of yesterday's fishing trip I wrote about in Melvern 5-16 thread.....I do this cautiously, and with a hope that noone out there thinks I'm 'tooting' my own horn.....I'm telling this story for two reasons.... (1) To let certain people from this board know how much I have appreciated their help in trying to get me started catching crappie the last few years, and to thank them for their total unselfishness with everything from information about crappie rigs and baits, to sharing information about lakes, to even inviting me and the 'Aircraft Carrier' right in next to them while they were fishing a 'hotspot'.....and (2) in hopes that others who read this may also pass on a little kindness on the lakes to others in need as well..........My favorite part of yesterday that I didn't write about previously, was about an hr into our fishing, Todd and I were working a pretty hot brushpile...we were landing about 1 keeper for every 4 or 5 fish caught...sometime catching 2 or three at a time when I got the boat right in the 'sweetspot'......about that time an elderly gentleman came trolling by and I asked if he was having any luck....he replied "No...haven't caught any" kinda as though that was the norm......I asked if he had a buoy marker and told him to throw it right next to mine, and showed him exactly what angle to come into it in order to hit it just right....he seemed surprised...but pleased, and as we drifted away about 25 yds from him we saw him already hook into, and land a fish......2 hrs later we were changing locations and came by that area and he was still 'parked ' in the same spot....we pulled up and said we knew how it was going because he hadn't moved, and he was grinning ear to ear, stating there were shorts like I said, but he had a dozen or so nice ones for the fryer...we wished him well and left.....and that was my favorite part of the day..........to Chatt, Ron Meeder, LBM,Ol' Bob and Slabby Joe....even Labs n slabs, who I've met for a brief moment and he took the time to pm me some helpful info about Hillsdale last fall.......my thanks to all the kindness you've shown..(I still can't catch 'em worth a crap)...you truly are gentlemen fishermen....and that was my 1st attempt at 'passing it on'......I challenge ANYONE on here to do the same someday, and let us know how you felt afterwards......I won't get this 'sappy' again...thanks for reading.....

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome but you still can't hold up my fish for pics. ....YD that's a great post and pretty much sums up what Chatt has been trying to do all these years on this board. You are a good fisherman and a true fishing friend. Thanks for risking being a little "sappy".
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with friends helping friends. We do it all the time here on my home lake. It's WAY more fun seeing everybody catching fish instead of you being the only one. Sounds like you also have a good circle of friends that you share info with and fish with out on the lake.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

That's is one of the best post I've ever read.Thank you.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

capn for all the typin you do you generally don't say much but you said a real mouthfull here great read greaT report thanks wtg!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

huntcapn, I truly appreciated reading that post, one of the best posts I've ever read on a site like this. I don't get to share alot of info on here...mainly because I don't get the oportunity to fish the big lakes that you all talk about and i feel that most on here probably don't really care to hear how good the bite was or what the sercrets are at a 160 acre lake in the middle of no where.

The local lakes I fish are near the state line and we have alot of folks from NE come down and fish. I hear locals complain all the time about "out of staters" fishing our lakes. Like you, for me when I have a good day on the lake or find a spot or technique that worked well that day the best part of that day is sharing it with someone one else. Wether it be someone on my boat that day, someone else on the lake that day, someone arriving as I'm leaving, or someone at work the next day. I truly enjoy seeing the look on someones face when I give them that "free tip".

It seems as though that is hard for some others to do. As if that spot or technique is some great secret and if someone else finds out they will "catch all of my fish". Believe it or not according to the reports I hear there are alot of people that have never caught a fish in their life!

I fish out of an old red basscat, if you ever see me on the lake feel free to ask me "how the bite is" I will be able to either tell you what to do or what not to do but 2 things are for sure I won't be afraid to talk and I won't be afraid to tell the truth.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

These are great post, this is what this board should be about, thanks fishcapn, otherwise know as young doug.
    Last edited by Ronald Meeder; 05-18-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: additional remark

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie hunter 15. What lakes/ponds. And what secreets. I m listening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    crappie hunter 15. What lakes/ponds. And what secreets. I m listening.
    x2
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you are the truth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast