Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Linville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Linville

Anyone fish Lake Linville lately? I have heard some conflicting reports on this lake. Some have said that you can catch some very nice crappie there, while others have said that the crappie are kind of small and thin. I haven't talked to anyone who has fished it this year. Just wondering if anyone has fished it lately? I have read the fishing forecast for the lake, but I really don't have too much faith in those reports. I like to hear what is actually going on with the fishing at the lake. In my opinion, predicting what the fishing is going to be is kind of like predicting weather. It's not always what it supposed to be.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Mike ......

I've only Bass fished Linville, a few times, many years ago. I've only run into one boat that was Crappie fishing ... at night, under lights. I don't know much about the lake, but it seems to not get much fishing pressure. That may account for the differing reports. At around 275 acres, it shouldn't take long to scout out the whole lake, for potential Crappie hangouts. It didn't seem to have much in the way of standing timber, but I only ran it from the launch ramp to the I-75 dam bank. I didn't go up the side creek, but do remember seeing one large lone tree hulk sticking up out of the water (not far into that creek cutoff). I do remember that the shallow water back in the back end (baitshop/ramp area), was full of moss. Not the floating stuff ... but, the bushy, growing from the bottom to near the surface kind. Didn't see any of it down towards the dam, though. There, the banks seemed to be mostly rock/mud (along the bank below the entrance road) ... rock rubble along the I-75 dam bank ... rock cliff on the bank across from the entrance road bank. The one time I talked with Crappie anglers there ... they were on the point of that cliff wall bank. They told me there were good Crappie in the lake, but not easily found. My guess would be that the lake is underfished, and the Crappie are overpopulated. ........ luck2ya ..... cp