Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My new ride

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new ride

Got this WS Pungo 120 this past week end, and have had it out 2x this week. Think I got the seat comfy now, and a good feel for the paddling part, found some potentially good fishing territory today while paddling, so now just have to get back out there and see if there are some fish in this new area.

Name:  pungo120.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  44.2 KB
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the same ride about 5 years ago. That is a great yak and very stable and comfy to fish out of. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice kayak man, i got one just about the same. Work for me, i have one that i stand in (i have good blance) and jig while i stand!

Post Thanks / Like

how did you guys rig yours out in terms of a rod holder(s), tackle box, etc.. I'm thinking just a Scotty holder on top behind the cockpit, as I only plan on taking one rod just to keep the clutter, etc., down.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Kayak! Being a new (and 1st time) Kayak owner, I Googled "Kayak Rigging" and found lots of good info/pics. The 2 best sites I'd found were jaxkayak and a Texas kayak forum, lots of DIY/Rigging stuff on both. I'd consider taking a 2nd rod however, just to save re-rigging or in the event of failure.

I'm pretty much a panfisher these days, so I just combined enough tackle into a Plano Stow-Away (as opposed to a larger bag) to keep me going for a day. A few sliding bobbers, stops, splitshots, hooks, jigs, spinners, etc.