Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stockton fishing advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default stockton fishing advice

I'm heading to stockton this weekend with my cousin. Was wondering if anyone had any advice for some good holes to try. This is my first time ever on this lake. Any advice would be appreciated thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been up there since last summer man I would be no good to you right now. Goin up memorial weekend might be able to help you then sorry.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

come on over to the Hawker point area i know where we can get you on fish I been fishing from Happy O's resort

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you where I caught fish earlier this week, put in at Ruark Bluff, (twin bridges), H highway north of greenfield, go west from ramp, bluff on the right side under the power line, 4 big brush piles, try them all, cove on the right past the power line, stay to right, fish 20 ft of water 8 to 10 feet down dragging a minnow/jig, or just a jig, work slow, keep moving,,,, then on south up sons creek go to the left till you see the first tree, on the left, go slow, lots of broke off trees, good map will help, fish the bluff on the left, go till the creek turns right, fish the cove there,,, 4 to 8 ft of water, it has been tough on stockton as of late, I hear of some fish being caught at the docks on the north end of the lake, Hawker point, and the big Island just south of the Dam. there is some brush arround the island, deep water and if it is windy, well better have a big boat or stay off the Dam area, it can get rough,, I fish mostly the south end of the lake,,, and I always find fish, sometimes they eaven bite, good luck, and let us know how you did

Post Thanks / Like

Very good advise beagle.If i can still get around in the morning i am going to pick up Ray and i may even try your advise myself.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be there also, got a new never before fished spot to check out, way on the southern part of the lake arround crabtree,by the ole hulston mill area next to the red rock road... west of 39 hwy

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    I can tell you where I caught fish earlier this week, put in at Ruark Bluff, (twin bridges), H highway north of greenfield, go west from ramp, bluff on the right side under the power line, 4 big brush piles, try them all, cove on the right past the power line, stay to right, fish 20 ft of water 8 to 10 feet down dragging a minnow/jig, or just a jig, work slow, keep moving,,,, then on south up sons creek go to the left till you see the first tree, on the left, go slow, lots of broke off trees, good map will help, fish the bluff on the left, go till the creek turns right, fish the cove there,,, 4 to 8 ft of water, it has been tough on stockton as of late, I hear of some fish being caught at the docks on the north end of the lake, Hawker point, and the big Island just south of the Dam. there is some brush arround the island, deep water and if it is windy, well better have a big boat or stay off the Dam area, it can get rough,, I fish mostly the south end of the lake,,, and I always find fish, sometimes they eaven bite, good luck, and let us know how you did
    Could you be a little more specific sheeeeesh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    I may be there also, got a new never before fished spot to check out, way on the southern part of the lake arround crabtree,by the ole hulston mill area next to the red rock road... west of 39 hwy
    That spot is awesome
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

on a clear day
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Could you be a little more specific sheeeeesh!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks beagle man. sounds like excellent advice. we will be trying out your honey holes tomorrow. i'll post tomorrow afternoon with our results. we will be camping at ruarks bluff campground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast