Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ultra Clear Water...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ultra Clear Water...

I have a small 200 acre lake that is known for some real quality redear. Caught a few myself but never really focused on them. It has been ultra clear and i want to spend some time this weekend attempting to catch some decent fish. I suspect that more than likely they will be deep, any suggestions and techniques would be appreciated. Also, this lake is in central KY, spawn could be on or close.

thanks
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Give Them Meat!!!!

If you can't try them during the spawn, I would go deep. A tiny shot below enough oval slip sinker to get you out there, and tipped with a #6 baitkeeper hook loaded with red worms or garden worms. Red Ear want meat!!! They feed primairly on snails and the tiny clams. They also love worms. If you want to add a #10 or #6 salmon egg hook on the line a little above the baitkeeper hook and tip with 2 wax worms, you will get a few on it also. Most will come on the baitkeeper. Do not run a tight line. Leave a lot of sag in the line and watch the line. FISH ON!!!! If gas wasn't so high, I would be kind enough to come down for a WEEK or TWO and help you out . lol lol Mike