Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shenango water level.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenango water level.

I have a camp site reserved for Thursday through Sunday. I fish Shenango a lot, and the report sais the lake is 2 foot above summer pool as of today. Have any of you guys been on it lately and how are the crappie hitting?

My brother is coming to town and I am hoping to put him on some fish. I have been doing well on the lake, but have been too busy the last two weeks to get out.

I am hoping the warming weather will push them up shallow to finish out the spawn after this last cold front. What are your opinions and observations?
    Thanks,

Mark

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark, i fished it today and did okay, not great but got some decent fish. I tried the deeper brush but only got a few there. Went to a blowdown and fished tight to the trunk in close to shore and got some nice pounders. The water is still cloudy so i used bright and dark colors mixed. Here's a pic of the pounders.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Chaunc!! That is very encouraging news. I normaly head right for the blow downs, so it looks like I will be in a comfort zone.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Mark; I have to tell you that for the last 3 or 4 days Shenango has been poor. Water clarity and temp are off. Last evening we tried from shore and wading a few places and only caught a few fish. The fishing is way off at this time. But I feel in a few days this will change and the crappie will be back into the shallows. Good luck this weekend. Gary