Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New law

Post Thanks / Like

Default New law

Okay I go buy minnows have a receipt. I do not use all of them do I have to dump them before leaving the lake?

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly hope not! If that is the case I will be breaking the law quite frequently. I bring my left over minnows home after every trip and put them back in my tank here at the house. At $3 a dozen I don't plan on donating them to the lake after each trip!

Good question.

Post Thanks / Like

In the May/June edition of the KW&P magazine that discusses the new live bait laws and gives example scenarios of different aspects of the new laws. It also gives the background information on how regulations were developed. It helped clarify a few questions I had. I recommend reading the article if you can get a copy.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are fishing at an ANS body of water all fish must be dead before you leave including bait fish. That is what the above article says. The bait fish industry must have a good lobbyist to get that passed. Someone made a big payment.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will quit fishing and start knitting there is no government involved in knit one pearl two.

Post Thanks / Like

If you fish in ANS waters all fish must be dead when you leave including bait fish.

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieslinger View Post
    I certainly hope not! If that is the case I will be breaking the law quite frequently. I bring my left over minnows home after every trip and put them back in my tank here at the house. At $3 a dozen I don't plan on donating them to the lake after each trip!

Good question.
    That was supposed to say, "If that is the case I HAVE BEEN breaking the law quite frequently" I was trying to listen to my 5 year old and type at the same time and wasnt paying attention to what I had typed.

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog40 View Post
    Okay I go buy minnows have a receipt. I do not use all of them do I have to dump them before leaving the lake?
    If the lake in which you are fishing is a designated ANS water (listing found on page 30 of the 2012 Kansas Fishing Regulations Summary), then you must dispose of your minnows before leaving the lake. DO NOT release the minnows in to the lake, they should be disposed of on dry ground.

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog40 View Post
    If you fish in ANS waters all fish must be dead when you leave including bait fish.
    Blackdog40,

Again, correct.