Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: rod holders for trolling

Post Thanks / Like

Default rod holders for trolling

Trolling is one of my favorite fishing methods. Love it for crappie, sand bass, & walleye. I'm looking for 2 trolling rod holders that I can quickly attach to my boat without making any holes in the boat. Anyone have a suggestion?

Post Thanks / Like

Helo BigBear, I used a pair of Drift masters (25 degree) off the back of the boat for crappie and bass. You will have to bolt down the bases that the rod holders screw onto. Small screw holes. At the top of this web page, to the right of the crappie.com logo, click on Driftmaster and this will take you to thier web site so you can see their products. A lot of the members here use these products. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmasters

Driftmasters for me. i have the lil T bar and chose the 0 degree rod holders. They clamp to the 3/4 inch bar and with the wing nut are infinitely adjustable. Depending on the type of boat you have, you might have the stainless rails allready. Another tip, i slipped a peice of rubber between the clamp and the bar, gets a good grip and wouldnt mar the finish of your rails.

good luck!
    twister
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

If you want good rod holders your going to have to drill some holes in your boat. I know thats hard to do, especially if you just bought a 30,000 dollar boat. My partner had a tear come down his eye when we drill the first hole in his new Stratos
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys -- The clamp option sounds like the one for me -- I do have rails on my boat and I'd prefer to not put any more holes in my boat either!

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the 3/4" or 7/8" rail my holder can be attached to your bolt. See attached model. If you are interested please let me know.

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hitek; 05-23-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Got anymore pictures or a link to the product? I need to check the size of my rails.

Post Thanks / Like

This product is not on the website yet but similar products can be found at www.hitekstuff.com.

Thanks,
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle