Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Awesome time at Big Bear!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Awesome time at Big Bear!

My wife and I spent 4 glorious days and nights at Big Bear 4/28-5/2! Arrived early afternoon after we picked up 2 flat tires. Luckily we stopped in leitchfield for breakfast and discovered one flat and one leaker. Big O saved the trip for us and patched both tires for less than our breakfast cost! We went out on the water around 1pm and caught 25 or 30 buster gills and a couple good redear before suppertime. We threw back all the females as they were swollen like footballs! Suffice to say we slayed em for 4 days and had a blast, and I started thinking about moving to the area. The wife picked up a real estate book while we were out for provisions!

Stopped at Bass&Gas for bait and met BBD's son. What i nice young man! Talked a minute with us and mentioned he was going fishing that Thursday. I hope he had a great day! I missed BBD at Bass&Gas again like last spring but my hat is off to him for a fine son!

Post Thanks / Like

Shoulda swung by my campsite. I'm on lot 73 & was there the whole time you were at Big Bear. Stop by next time you're there.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We warned him about wiskers and BBD. Good thing he didn't hook up with you guys. Bad influences if I ever saw any.

killum, glad you had a good time down this way. Mike is a good kid in spite of his genetics (his good qualities came from his Mom).
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

BIGBADDAD is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    We warned him about wiskers and BBD. Good thing he didn't hook up with you guys. Bad influences if I ever saw any.

killum, glad you had a good time down this way. Mike is a good kid in spite of his genetics (his good qualities came from his Mom).
    Got that right!!! Sorry I missed ya killum!
    http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac178/BIGBADDAD/birdpooavatar.gif

www.kicknbass.net

Arkie Jigs Prostaff
    Todd Huckabee Rods Prostaff
    HiTec Outdoors Prostaff
    ESB Prostaff
    SteelShad Prostaff
    Jenko Fishing Prostaff

Post Thanks / Like

We'll hook up sometime soon I am sure. Still not doing very well with the Crappie but I think I have a few good spots for Gills and can find a few redear now. Maybe next spring I will be able to time my trip better. Last year fished on peoples back porches, this year couldn't get to their docks in my Crappie Pro 175. Sounds like the rain is starting to come now, maybe the pond will fill back in a bit. IF I am lucky I will have enough saved up to make an early fall run. Y'all catch abunch but leave me a few...