Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone Using a Humminbird Fishfinder 565?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anyone Using a Humminbird Fishfinder 565?

Just wondering what you thought of the unit. I am in the market for a new locator and was considering the 565.

Post Thanks / Like

I am using a B/W version. It works great. I had a TCR-ID. Much more detail with the 565.

Post Thanks / Like

Spring for some extra bucks and get a color unit. I just got a Garmin 250C, and WOW, what a difference!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting reply on the color unit. I was wondering if the color unit was just nice to look at, and no better than the black and white one. Not being a wise guy, but why is the color one better?

Zeke, I just bought the 565 and have been on the water 3 times with it. I like it. I am not an expert, but it suits me just fine. It is a lot better than my old one.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have a 565 also, You should have mention about it on Saturday , It was on my boat. I like it , it has temp. speed, and two transducers . I had a 93 model that I needed fixed and sent it back to hummin bird, my old one was obsolete so they gave me , credit to purchase a new one. If you don't need GPS and Color why pay more! I like it have had eagle and lowrance also and went to Hummin bird . Get yourself a Auqqa-view camera !

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy,
    I got into some brush Saturday and pulled the wires out of the transducer on my fishfinder. I am using a Humminbird 300tx that is about 8 yrs old and has been a good unit. I just ordered a new transducer from Basspro, but I am also thinking about upgrading. I like what I have been reading about the 565 and from what everyone is saying on this board that is probably what I will end up getting. BTW - I sent you a message via email about the 565, but since you answered my question here you can disregard that message.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Interesting reply on the color unit. I was wondering if the color unit was just nice to look at, and no better than the black and white one. Not being a wise guy, but why is the color one better?

Zeke, I just bought the 565 and have been on the water 3 times with it. I like it. I am not an expert, but it suits me just fine. It is a lot better than my old one.

Mark
    The color finder breaks the structure, bait pods, thermocline, bottom type etc down into different colors. Makes sorting things out alot easier. I got my Garmin 250C on sale at Gander Mtn for $279.00, so it was kinda a no brainer to go color verses B/W.
    Last edited by Shellback; 05-23-2006 at 01:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i am sure it is nice, i have the pirahna max 15, and it works great...im sure it can only get better