Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 4 ft trolling rods. Give me some advice please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 ft trolling rods. Give me some advice please.

I have a need for some 4ft trolling rods for crank fishing. No one makes such a thing that will fit in a rod holder so my question is what options do I have. I made some prototypes with 1 inch dow rod and a 4ft tip section for a cheap fly rod and they worked awesome but after a couple trips one of them broke as I expected. I would like to make or buy a better long term solution.

Thanks
    Fish like your hungry!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

OK ... let me get this straight --- you want a 4ft long rod, to put in a rod holder, & troll cranks with it ?? What kinda sneaky secret kind of hooey are you trying to pull, Dongotto Rofl

Have you considered cutting down a 5-6ft rod & replacing the tip ?
    Have you considered cutting a 6-8ft rod's handle off & replacing the handle ?
    Have you considered using the tip half of a flyrod & putting a handle on that ?
    Have you considered therapy ?? (j/k)

I'm assuming you want a Tenn style handle, for a better fit in your rod holders. You'll find them at Jann's, Acidrod, Merrick Tackle, & Mudhole. ( Google )

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

if u find any let me know,any med action would work if u could find some.right now im using 2-5ft6in,2-10ft,2-14ft,and2-18ft in my current setup

Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas has a 5ft. DepthMaster Trolling rod for 35.00

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about trying the BnM S.c. Rods ? Have you looked at them,has anyone tried them?

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

The Cabelas Depthmaster rods are a solid value. If you are stuck on the 4' length you could hack the last foot off and reset the tip with epoxy to get it down to 48". I have some of the Cabelas dipsy diver rods and they work just as good as rods that cost 3x as much.