Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red line and Bleeding hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Red line and Bleeding hook.

If the main saleing point of Cajin Red line is that red is the first color to be filtered out, Wouldnt the same be true for "bleeding" red hooks. If it hides the hook, ok; but they make it sound like the red hooks look like blood and atract the fish. Is there any truth to their claims or is it just something else to make money?

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

THATS WHAT i WAS THINKIN: :
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing.I spent a lot of $$$ on those new fangled red hooks , can they see them or not ? I would like to know.And if know one has tried it yet , I hate that Cajiun line . I put it on all my reels and hate it more every time I fish with it . It has a memory like an elephant and I dont know about the fish but I cant see it when its over the water . Hard to watch your line while working a small jig or tube. Its also kinda stiff for the sizes Ive used 4lb+6lb. Just my 2 cents worth .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Red hooks

Hook color does not make a difference for me right now. Start with a red hook, catch 20 or 30 fish and the red is gone. Keep using the hook and keep catching fish. The spawn is on so probably not a good test. 350+ fish in 3 half days.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive got jig weights with red,gold, and black hooks and havent noticed a diff. Im not real sure about the red line.

Post Thanks / Like

Default First off....

I am not for or against any particular vendor or product. I too was curious as to the recent phenomena of red line that disappears and red hooks that attrack strikes. Check out this link:

http://www.cajunline.com/science.html

Now i am no scientist but from what i gather, i will offer the following. Due to the fact that fishing line is translucent, whether red, green, yellow or clear, light passes through it and makes all of colors disappear to a certain degree, at a certain depth, and during certain light conditions. Conversely, hooks are not and that is why a red hook, looks red and light does not change the fact that under most conditions it stays red. Now, that said, every red hook that i have used whether in salt water or fresh, will suffer from the paint chipping thus exposing a shiney metallic finish beneath the red paint. One could make a case that the red coupled with the shiny under surface provides a flash under certain conditions that could attract a strike just the same. This is just my opinion and is supported by no scientific evidence. I have used both red hooks and red line and can honestly say that I have seen little if any difference. I can also say that it hasn't hurt my catch rate either. I am a tackle junkey and am willing to try most anything once.
    twister
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

I use Red Line and Red hooks for Salmon fishing; line disappear below 40 feet. I don't know about the hook. I use Red hook jigs for crappie, I catch a few more, but I have noticed when I use a Red hook with a translucent grub, Clear, white, chartreuse It looks like a blood line and that will cause more strikes, crappie, bluegill and redear.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with uncle Bob to much memory ,I'm going to change mine out.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default come get ya some

10-4 on the memory. I fell for the marketing on this red line. I can't see any differance in the bite. I use red hooks simple because I am making my own jigs and got a good deal on some, otherwise it would be gold. Any one want to try some of the redline I got some left over you can have. 4lb loaded 1 reel off a 300yrd spool. 6lb loaded 3 reels off a 300yrd spool. I will have to say it is pretty tough line. Fished it in some rocky areas and held up fairly well. Just don't like the memory it has. PM me if ya want it.
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a big 10-4 , I too must buy new line for a dozen reels . DANG those cool comercials . They get me every time . " Made to CATCH fishermen not fish " is what my buddy says. And by the way I havent noticed a measureable increase in bites on anything w/ a red hook .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast