Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas irks me sometimes...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabelas irks me sometimes...

Normally i take advantage of the free line spooling they do for you. Yesterday i took two of my reels in to get rid of the Nano-fil 6lb line i have been using for a clearer more stretchy mono line. Picked out the Sufix Siege 4lb Clear. Now the two reels are not the same size, one is smaller than the other, therefore the smaller one isn't going to take up nearly as much line as the bigger one. The smaller one can only take 110yds of the 4lb line, while the larger one can take 260 yds of the 4lb line. Now the total line was 330yds.

When i came back to the counter, he tells me that he doesn't think there will be enough line for the smaller one. I'm thinking, well why didn't you spool the small one first? I told him to continue on and if its not enough, I'll pick up a second package of Sufix Siege 4lb Clear. I come back and he says its all done and there was enough line for the smaller one. I take the bag pay for my stuff and go home. I finally take the two reels out of the bag, this guy filled up both reels to the max, well beyond max. I had to pull so much line off both reels, because while i was casting the line would not come out cleanly, but rather in bunches and get tangled up, or during the retrieve, the line would slip off the spool and get caught up in the gears underneath the spool.

Least he could've put a reasonable amount of line on there and just given me the excess.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 05-10-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Uncle Festus got that boy his first job. Bad first day. Hope he gets better.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredRR View Post
    Uncle Festus got that boy his first job. Bad first day. Hope he gets better.
    It happens, had to start somewhere.LOL
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

See how bacon is packaged now, 12 ounces, not 16. Same goes for the quality of service these days, instead of raising prices they're just cutting costs with inexperienced help.

Post Thanks / Like

More and more I find I have to fix stuff myself, especially fishing gear........
    I had a weed-eater mess up due to the new ethanol gas (awhile back) = took it to shop, the guy says $95.00 pr hr.
    Says best bet is to toss it and buy a new one = I took it home and fixed it myself (new gas lines, new non-ethanol gas).
    Same with mowers, clean out carb jet = runs like new .........
    If you ain't makin big bucks, you need to get smart quick ................................
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

What gets me is there's one little section for crappie ,At bass pro and cabelas . But if you looking for bass baits there's rows and rows of that .
    I was in cabelas last week looking for gear oil for lower unit and I asked a guy that worked there where it was at ... He looked at me as if I was asking for moon rocks .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JiggerMan View Post
    What gets me is there's one little section for crappie ,At bass pro and cabelas ...
    Try being a carp angler. That one little section for crappie will look like heaven.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JiggerMan View Post
    What gets me is there's one little section for crappie ,At bass pro and cabelas . But if you looking for bass baits there's rows and rows of that .
    I was in cabelas last week looking for gear oil for lower unit and I asked a guy that worked there where it was at ... He looked at me as if I was asking for moon rocks .
    They don't sell moon rocks! ......bwahahaha

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I was at a Dicks Sporting Goods a few years ago to update some catfishing gear. I had well over $300 in Abu reels, line, and assorted stuff. I stood at the counter for over 15 minutes for someone to come and take my money.....no one ever showed-up, so I left it lay and went around the corner to Gander Mountain. Haven't been back to Dicks since.

Heck, the Dunhams In Anderson (IN) got rid of all their fishing gear about 10 years ago, can't even buy a hook or bobber there any more, but yet they claim to be a "sporting goods" store.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All adds up to inexperience.

The Dunhams here where I live carry mostly trolling equipment. Planer boards & harnesses etc. etc. I talked with the manager when they opened it (New store) & she told me they would be getting more stuff related to our area (Ohio river & tribs), but to this day they still have the same stuff. If you were opening a store wouldn't you do some kind of research to see what is used in that area???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast